Misc: Everything Else Throw or keep?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I just used two gears from a gearbox from a Douglas I bought 50 years ago haven't had a bike of that model for thirty of the intervening years

vibrac

VOC Member
The best one I saw was a Rudge enthusiast in south London every room in the house was full of parts his washing line and clothes were on the landing the TV was on a 4ft high pile of motorcycle mags and the light was always on in the kitchen because of all the rubbish piled up against the outside window. But I tell you what, he assembled our Ulster gearbox in under 10 minutes and that has more needle rollers than Dolphin Motors in the 70's.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
We bought the house next door a couple of years ago with the intention of knocking them into one, so far all we've done is strip it and clean everything out, the first lockdown halted any major work so the lounge has 2 Brough Superior replica's and a Norvin plus all the lockdown supplies in it (we knew it would be coming so have been steadily stocking up, as we did over a month before the first one).

There are two rescue cats housed in the smaller bedrooms, one in what was the bathroom (half the floor needed replacing in there so everything had to go) and one in the utility room, under the stairs are the remaining parts of a custom Triumph I'm rebuilding. There is however one bedroom and the kitchen with just "house stuff" in !!

danno

Non-VOC Member
Sounds cool. Haven’t quite reached the stage of bikes, engines, workshop tools in the house yet.
Would like to keep it sort of conventional. Plus I have my live music equipment to store too.
The conservatory is acting as a shed at the mo, while I kit out the garage.
I have a Futura 140 Arc welder in there which I’ve never used and would like to get rid of.
If I need to do some welding, I can contact my local bike club or get a cheap mig welder.
I definately need garage storage but trying to get it more down to stuff that I need and use, rather than might need.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I didn't use my Lathe for 10 years, So sold / Gave it away !,
Needed the space, I worked for myself in the garage, Car Repairs,
Soon as it had gone I needed it, Such Is Life !.

Colin

VOC Member
Not only should you not throw anything away, it seems you should not sell it or give it away, either!
Is that about right Bill?