ET: Engine (Twin) Still Can't Start My Twin, Replaced Mag, But Not A Pop

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thank God for that!
We have been feeling your pain Carl, very glad to hear the beast is back up and running.
Get out and enjoy it.
Al
Arrgh! As noted, in over 30 years of ownership this is the first time the Beast hasn't started for me and I've been
a student of the machine all the while. I am still SO baffled when Glen was able to start the bike, and she kept
on running, and why I couldn't get it going again. I had run the Lucas for about 10 years prior to the B-TH, so
sure thought I knew how to make her go. But after watching Glen Bewley's starting technique, I've modified mine.
It's been a pretty good learning experience, and sure appreciate all the help from the VOC membership. Thanks.

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Must have been very frustrating.

When faced with problems I tend not to sleep well.
Have found myself lying in bed going through the processes and figuring out a problem, Eureka, jumping out of bed and back into the workshop.

On the plus side there is nothing quite like the sound of a dormant bike firing back into life.
Some very useful advice in this thread from experienced riders from all over the globe I have learned some stuff from following your trial.
I have said it before I know.. we are very lucky to have all the combined big brains and Vincent experience here on the forum.
Al

teunvandriel

VOC Member
Beautifully spoken Al! It was a very instructive discussion. I quickly got the idea that it must be a carb (jetbloc) problem, I had exactly the same thing a few years back which was solved by ultrasonic cleaning the completely disassembled carbs for an hour, but understood Carl had tried that too.

ACD

Forum User
VOC Member
Carl good to hear you have a runner again. I do know how frustrating it can be, but with everything you have done it will be a comfort that you have a super reliable piece of machinery.

Regards and happy riding.