Starting Vincent Life with a Backfire!

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Had a guy come round one day on a rapide with a beautiful low slung single seat cantilevered off the ufm, mind you he only had about a 24" inside leg.
Chris.

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member
Much different from your AMC bikes?
Probably not Bruce, but I am sure you understand that rush you get when you get close to starting a life long dream, mine was to own and ride a Vin...near what I thought was the end of the rebuild I decided to see if it would start , minus rear seat/ guards etc...well it did start so I thought I might as well try the gearbox/ brakes etc and rode it up and down the street sitting precariously on rear springs and damper.
When I eventually got it all together with seat etc it just felt weird so I made the trial seat and so far I love it.
Horses for courses I suppose, I may change it back once I get it registered and start putting the miles on, we'll see.

kevin

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
Dear Hugo,
It would be a few minutes job to change the angle of your foot piece and and a brace could be added at the same time. If you do not have the facilities or skills to carry this out for yourself there may be a local VOC member (come on you guys) or a friendly fabrication shop who could help out. (Alternatively get it to me and I'll do it for you.)

Many thanks for the offer Eddy but these old bones are unlikely to venture into the garage much until Spring has sprung.

Hugo