Well Known and Active Website User
Just mostly finished the fiddly tasks of fitting the exhaust and seat/tank, which up until now have just been sitting loose on the bike. The tailpiece and seat are salvaged from a 961 Norton. The seat support required making 5 mirror image out of plane bends in the 1" DOM tubing to imitate the Norton rear subframe. I am glad I built in some adjustability as getting it all to fit without the rear tire smacking the seat on bump was difficult. The tank is an Egli original , probably from an Egli Honda, and is supported off the 4" oil tank by a semi circular aluminum arch with neoprene padding strips under it and also between it and the tank. I am amazed at how much time and fabrication this all takes. Soon this first assembly will all have to come apart so I can finish lightening, painting and polishing all the bits I made over the winter. I also have to finish up valve timing, ignition, and getting the engine all buttoned up. Plus we have the house on the market so at any time we will have to pack all this up and move it somewhere else. That could easily put completion into next year.