(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Prince Duster

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
16th July 2022

Tickets are available at https://riversidestudios.co.uk/see-and-do/world-premiere-speed-is-expensive-31449/

We’ve certainly covered some ground over the past years researching and filming - but we believe it has been worth it.

As much as Ewan McGregor and Jay Leno – both real enthusiasts – bring some glamour to proceedings, as important to us was always tracking down and recording the stories of 14 men and women who worked at the factory.

Some of the key VOC people who deserve a major vote of thanks are listed below – without their support and help, Speed is Expensive would not be the film it is today.

Kind regards, hope to see some of you at our premier. Tickets selling quite fast
Producers
David Lancaster & Gerry Jenkinson

Colin & Wendy Manning
Harvey & Marcus Bowden
Vincent Speet
Peter Bender
Robert Watson
Ken & Barry Horner (Irving Vincent)
Neal Videan & Rodney Brown
Edith Irving
Somer Hooker
Richard Asprey
John Pera
Dave Sadeghi
Brian and Reenie Chapman
Dick Sherwin
Bryan Phillips
Tim Kingham
James Salter, Greg McBride, Dennis Courtier and the SoCal VOC section
West London VOC section
David Dunfey

And special thanks to Russel Icke & Dee and Philip Vincent-Day

Poster screen shot.png

293.jpg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnetoman

VOC Member
I had the great pleasure of watching a pre-release version of 'Speed is Expensive' this morning, and I intend to be at the head of the queue to purchase a DVD when they become available. The number of contemporary photographs and amount of remarkable archival movie footage from across the world the Director, Producers, and Editors have managed to track down and weave into the narrative is amazing. That, plus scores of interviews with people, some no longer with us, tell a compelling story that most of us know parts of, but I strongly suspect few of us know all of.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
I am hoping to be there but have a hospital appointment at11:30 so on the road at mid-day but have spent the last two days trying to get parking space then the nightmare of paying low commission (emission? Ed) charges how do people do it with out a computer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Marcus, Try JustPark on the net, people rent out their driveways for parking, not expensive, I used it several times when visiting the Cromwell Hospital recently (getting my worn out knees replaced) it all worked a treat, and far better than paying extortionate London parking prices. Gutted I wont be joining you for the world premier, but I am on holiday up north at the moment.