Shannonville

Ken

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hey this is a picture of me. Ken Mehedyn from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Was off work for three months after that little incident. Only time I had been hospitalized
in my life. Still riding but no Vincent. Bike went to Peter LaCompte and I believe he is back in Quebec. Just parted with my 96 Triumph Daytona 1200. (without a doubt the scariest bike ever ridden.) Would be really interested in obtaining any pictures from 77 Rally at Shadow Lake or even that film clip with ambulance on the track. Still sport a good scar from where a foot peg or kick starter punched through the muscle on my upper right thigh. Wasn't really big on taking pictures back then so I only have a few.

Attachments

• Norvin_twin_1000.JPG
    Norvin_twin_1000.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 22

Ken

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
He was pretty badly hurt, and we felt pretty terrible about the incident. We had to comfort his wife throughout the ER visit. I think I remember that another more standard Vincent went down and had quite a bit of damage. Barbara could just not get over the fact that some of these amateur guys on old and very expensive antiques were out there doing this stuff after she watched a couple of them cartwheel down the track. I believe people and the track officials are more careful nowadays.

Ron
My 5 year old daughter was there also. They put me and the other rider in the same ambulance and waited for transport to Bellville General Hospital. I believe the other rider had hurt his hand on the tire wall. The hospital caused even more trouble. They sewed it up with a loose arterie inside. Hemotoma. My while leg turned into a 4 x 4. Of course the had to open it again.

Oldhaven

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My 5 year old daughter was there also. They put me and the other rider in the same ambulance and waited for transport to Bellville General Hospital. I believe the other rider had hurt his hand on the tire wall. The hospital caused even more trouble. They sewed it up with a loose arterie inside. Hemotoma. My while leg turned into a 4 x 4. Of course the had to open it again.

Well, hello Ken,

The world is a good deal closer with this (relatively)new way of communicating. Nice to hear from you again.

Ron Franklin, and Barbara says hi.

(We were not used to that sort of excitement, and I have had my own problems with small local hospital ER's, but glad to hear you did well afterwards.)

Ken

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well, hello Ken,

The world is a good deal closer with this (relatively)new way of communicating. Nice to hear from you again.

Ron Franklin, and Barbara says hi.

(We were not used to that sort of excitement, and I have had my own problems with small local hospital ER's, but glad to hear you did well afterwards.)

Ron & Barb.

How did you catch that email so quick.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/t205843/

Thanks. Ken

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Ken, Glad you are OK, What was the trouble with the Triumph ?, In case I should ever buy one !, Cheers Bill.