Series D Seats

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do have a D seat but really only the metal pan the cover is rubbish and the foam is solid
I am also certain I saw a hinge in my auction stash I bought last October

CITVOL

Forum User
VOC Member
I do have a D seat but really only the metal pan the cover is rubbish and the foam is solid
I am also certain I saw a hinge in my auction stash I bought last October
HI ,were in the country are you based and how much are you after, i bet there is no rear frame that the seat ,oil tank and footrest connect too? thanks andrew

Paul Adams

VOC Member
HI DOES ANYONE HAVE A D SERIES RAPIDE OPEN REAR SEAT /SUB FRAME FOR SALE/THANKS ANDREW
I have an Open D rear frame looking for a home.
Also on the subject of seats. There were at least 2 different seat bases. The early one was made of interlocking steel 1 inch bands , bent to 90 degrees on either side of the seat and pop riveted to a flimsy pressed steel base. there was very little padding.
The second, that I know of, is a pressed steel base with a thicker padding. This one had a 1/4 bsf nut welded inside the seat at the rearmost corners to bolt the swan neck clips to. The earlier seat had the kitchen cupboard door lock at the rear and as previously stated, you could buy packing pieces to make the hinge line up properly.
Photos available if required. Paul.

John Cone

VOC Member
I wouldn't bother with the original catch. Take a look at page 2 of this post and look at the mod i did using a oven door lock. See the photos.

CITVOL

Forum User
VOC Member
I have an Open D rear frame looking for a home.
Also on the subject of seats. There were at least 2 different seat bases. The early one was made of interlocking steel 1 inch bands , bent to 90 degrees on either side of the seat and pop riveted to a flimsy pressed steel base. there was very little padding.
The second, that I know of, is a pressed steel base with a thicker padding. This one had a 1/4 bsf nut welded inside the seat at the rearmost corners to bolt the swan neck clips to. The earlier seat had the kitchen cupboard door lock at the rear and as previously stated, you could buy packing pieces to make the hinge line up properly.
Photos available if required. Paul.
Morning Paul, thanks for reply, what do you need for the rear frame and were in the country are you, regards Andrew