Series D Seats

piggywig

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Phil,
While this may not help with the size of the seat, I have an enclosed model D. parts list from the fifties that shows the seat and 'fixings', complete with prices of all parts at that time. The fixings are listed as SL 22 plate, seat ball catch---SL 24 seat clip backing strip------SL 25 seat clip packing strip.( I have never owned a D as the parts list is a far as I got, I then bought a C).

6 pounds would have bought a new seat, although at that time may have been most of a weekly wage. The page can be scanned full size and emailed to you if required.
Col.

Phil Mahood

VOC Hon. Computer Officer
VOC Member
Col,
Your diagram sounds like it may be different the one in the "D" parts manual that is commonly available. In the parts manual I have, the seat assembly is part of diagram # MO91. If yours is a something else, I would certainly appreciate seeing it. The scan can be emailed to me at pmahood@cogeco.ca
Many thanks for your interest.

tonythecat

Non-VOC Member
Hi Phil, VOCspares doesn't list them but they supplied one for me about 18 months ago, albeit I had to wait around a month for it, the original seat clip is a brass cupboard door latch, available at most DIY stores here in the UK, iff'n you need one PM me.

Tony

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
HI DOES ANYONE HAVE A D SERIES RAPIDE OPEN REAR SEAT /SUB FRAME FOR SALE/THANKS ANDREW
Suggest you place an advert in MPH as a non member as it will probably reach more people. There is a for sale wanted section on this forum, but I believe you need to be a club member to access it.

Good luck.

John Cone

VOC Member
If anyone is interested in having a longer seat on their enclosed "D" you could get in contact with Jorgen in Sweden. He bought my father-in-law (Bernard Knope's) Prince. He had a new seat base made in fibreglass and the rear cowl hump cut rearwards by about 4inches. Also the seat has 2 hinges along the length of the seat so it opens sideways.