Series D details - PR362 flanged rubber washer

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
So after some discussion and picture on PR362, it looks like I need to drill 3/8 holes in SL5 left and right, a 3/8 holes in SL1 cowl, 3/8 holes in SL26 windscreen.........and using 11ea PR362 fasten pieces to SL1 and SL3.
Is this correct? anyone have pictures of SL1, SL5, SL26 take off pieces, original unrestored?
M0_91.jpg

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Craig,

0.382" is the total height or "F." You could check the thickness of the windshield at the base to compare. The grip is less the 0.100" or 0.282". I sold the Knight prior to digital camera days so I do not have any photos.

David

Last edited:

craig

VOC Member
Thanks David, I cant figure out how to delete my first picture and replace with new copy. i will upload new version here.
rubber-step-bushingPR362Dim.jpg
I don't have any SL5's yet, still sourcing/looking....but I am out to the shop to measure Windscreen SL26.
Is SL3 bracket thru drilled for SL1 lower side mounts , nuts/bolts?
Never mind -Thru drilled as acorn nuts on outside.

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
It`s going mouldy, then ?

Trevor,

I am with Peter. I have too many moldy moulds. I recently cleaned and waxed all of the Series D moulds, but I do not know of anyone younger who is interested in fabrication. My pattern maker died and I started making my own wax moulds for patterns or lost wax parts. I thought I was home-free until my machinist retired. Wait.... I am detecting a pattern....

David

craig

VOC Member
Hey, don't tell anyone, but when I looked at my new SL26 windscreen from VOC, it has 3/8" holes already!
The base clear plastic is 0.180" thick at the holes.

craig

VOC Member
Why are all the fasteners missing from M0 91? Bolts, steel washers, rubber bushes, acorn nuts, etc. Is there a published listing somewhere?
1093 domed nuts?
C'sk is for counter sunk? now called flat head?
Cheers
Craig

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Trevor,

I am with Peter. I have too many moldy moulds. I recently cleaned and waxed all of the Series D moulds, but I do not know of anyone younger who is interested in fabrication. My pattern maker died and I started making my own wax moulds for patterns or lost wax parts. I thought I was home-free until my machinist retired. Wait.... I am detecting a pattern....

David
David your parts are being cast next week, just thought you might want to know.
Mark

davidd

VOC Member
Mark,

Thank you! I did not want to call because I wasn't sure if the larger deal had gone wobbly.

David