Series D details - PR362 flanged rubber washer

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
series D Vincent, open or closed, are listed in their parts list as using PR362 flanged rubber washers.
I only see one location, prop rod for rear body work.
Where are these rubber washers used on an open D?
A Black Prince is using 15 of these washers!
A series D Shadow is using 8 of these!
M0_91.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
Craig,

It has been a while, but I remember small flanged rubbers being used on the windshield. I use one of these on my remote float mount on the racer now. The number would be close to the windshield gasket. They may have been used for attaching the muffs also, among other things.

David

A_HRD

VOC Member
Craig,

David is right as is usual. That said, not being a D person, I could never fathom the quantities given for the open and enclosed D. But then many of the quantities given in the spares list are suspect - or just plain wrong. It would appear that few people use PR362 in any case, I know because I made the steel injection mould (mold) for the little blighters and it hardly ever gets used!

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

craig

VOC Member
Thanks for the help, but I am in dire need of D series configuration training.
If these flanged washers (step bushings) are used, typically it means that a larger hole (dia B) needs to be provided for their use, so they become an isolation mount.
This would mean 8 large holes on an open D and 15 large holes on a Black Prince.
We could all logically guess where these go, but I would like to record exactly where and how OEM was done.
step_bushings.gif

SL26/SL16 windscreen 3ea - flange to outside
SL5 hand muffs - 6ea - flange to outside? inside? in between?
SL1 lower mount -2ea- flange to outside? inside?
FT291AS mount 1ea - flange to rod
three more to go, these above do not relate to open D, so whats up?

Last edited:

craig

VOC Member
Maybe these PR362 step bushings are used on the series D oil tank and tool box? So both open and closed series D would use them in same places?

davidd

VOC Member
These bushings are quite light. I think the oil tank uses much heavier bushings. I will see if I can find one to photo.

I am not certain that the numbers in the spares list are correct. I do not think there were ever any revisions of the D list. I am full of hope that the new Revised Spares List will list all of these items with correct quantities.

David

0.60" major dia.
0.375" minor dia.
0.25" I.D.
0.382" height
0.10'' flange thickness

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
These bushings are quite light. I think the oil tank uses much heavier bushings. I will see if I can find one to photo.

I am not certain that the numbers in the spares list are correct. I do not think there were ever any revisions of the D list. I am full of hope that the new Revised Spares List will list all of these items with correct quantities.

David

I admire your faith David. In my experience with the existing lists and seeing the myriad amendments found over the years I would expect at least 5 revisions before the "new revised spares list" is accurate I hope this is not the case but I also hope that the creators allow a clear method for receiving amendments and issuing new revisions.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Craig,

David is right as is usual. That said, not being a D person, I could never fathom the quantities given for the open and enclosed D. But then many of the quantities given in the spares list are suspect - or just plain wrong. It would appear that few people use PR362 in any case, I know because I made the steel injection mould (mold) for the little blighters and it hardly ever gets used!

Peter B
Bristol, UK.
It`s going mouldy, then ?

craig

VOC Member
Thank you David, I made a quick reference sketch. Did I understand the dimensions? I was not sure of the height after viewing picture, but anyway these PR362 babies are rather small. And you are correct .....oil tank secured with petrol tank bushes FT80.

These bushings are quite light. I think the oil tank uses much heavier bushings. I will see if I can find one to photo. I am not certain that the numbers in the spares list are correct. I do not think there were ever any revisions of the D list. I am full of hope that the new Revised Spares List will list all of these items with correct quantities. David
0.60" major dia.
0.375" minor dia.
0.25" I.D.
0.382" height
0.10'' flange thickness

Attachments

• rubber-step-bushingPR362Dim.jpg
    rubber-step-bushingPR362Dim.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 10