Misc: Everything Else Series 'A' Series 'A' Parts Required

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
These side stands are on my “A” (and all the “A” we built) but I needed to add 1.0” to extend the foot. I copied an original Side Stand but wow next time I will cast an inch extra. Neal and I sell these for $165 AUD each.
Do you need F24M? I have a batch of unmachined F24M castings and will machined another batch this year.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I was in touch with Neal last year and he kindly sent me a copy of his list and said that he had some parts left from the A projects. So my screen grab at the top of this listing has around 26 items off Neals list with Neals numbers on it. I was posting once more to see if anyone closer to me had any bits before I sent Neal my wants list as he'd asked me to see what he can provide.

Yes I need F24 side stand leg. Though I fancy the longer one to be honest reading what your experience has been. Is this batch you are machining the longer ones?

I think in a couple of weeks when I have followed up the other leads this thread has given me I will be sending my updated wants list to Neal. Will he deal with the side stand leg with you for me, or should I arrange direct?

I'm on metcalfe_stuart@hotmail.com

Many thanks for your help.

Stuart Metcalfe

RDB58

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I was in touch with Neal last year and he kindly sent me a copy of his list and said that he had some parts left from the A projects. So my screen grab at the top of this listing has around 26 items off Neals list with Neals numbers on it. I was posting once more to see if anyone closer to me had any bits before I sent Neal my wants list as he'd asked me to see what he can provide.

Yes I need F24 side stand leg. Though I fancy the longer one to be honest reading what your experience has been. Is this batch you are machining the longer ones?

I think in a couple of weeks when I have followed up the other leads this thread has given me I will be sending my updated wants list to Neal. Will he deal with the side stand leg with you for me, or should I arrange direct?

Stuart Metcalfe
Hello, I only have the shorter F24 Side Stand Leg. You may need to add an inch on that leg but it depends on you bike set up. it is the F24M Casting Lug that I am thinking about machining as several people want them. These are the ones that house the brake lever and the side stand. Yes Neal and I have bits left over but not everything. Just ask.

John Reynolds

VOC Member
mike@mikesindianparts.com can supply an extended prop stand. The casting takes a bit of fettling to be serviceable but does the job and holds the bike upright. I made the pivot from a cut down girdraulic spindle; the threaded part is the correct size for the bracket but the pivot hole in the stand needs to be bushed down to fit the spindle. The propstand spring is available from VOC Spares Scheme. The postwar front hollow axle (H15/1) fits the Series A front hub and the Series D Solid Axle (H25/6AS) completes the job (Series A bikes only had solid axles with tommy bars on the rear wheel). Good luck!

John Reynolds

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
mike@mikesindianparts.com can supply an extended prop stand. The casting takes a bit of fettling to be serviceable but does the job and holds the bike upright. I made the pivot from a cut down girdraulic spindle; the threaded part is the correct size for the bracket but the pivot hole in the stand needs to be bushed down to fit the spindle. The propstand spring is available from VOC Spares Scheme. The postwar front hollow axle (H15/1) fits the Series A front hub and the Series D Solid Axle (H25/6AS) completes the job (Series A bikes only had solid axles with tommy bars on the rear wheel). Good luck!

John Reynolds
Many thanks for your advice and help.

RDB58

Active Forum User
VOC Member

Stuart Metcalfe
Sorry for this late reply, I need to get on this forum more often. You can contact Neal or me, we work together. He is in Melbourne and I am in Brisbane. Our advertisement is in most issues of MPH. I have just finished the batch of F24M Brake Side Stand Castings. Also the F5/LH and F5/RH Pivot Castings. The F24 Side Stand Legs are in aluminium, I have used mine for many years without breaking it, and it is on my Rapide so a much heavier bike. But I don‘t kick start it on the side stand. I am on rodneybrown58@icloud.com.

RDB58

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry for this late reply, I need to get on this forum more often. You can contact Neal or me, we work together. He is in Melbourne and I am in Brisbane. Our advertisement is in most issues of MPH. I have just finished the batch of F24M Brake Side Stand Castings. Also the F5/LH and F5/RH Pivot Castings. The F24 Side Stand Legs are in aluminium, I have used mine for many years without breaking it, and it is on my Rapide so a much heavier bike. But I don‘t kick start it on the side stand. I am on rodneybrown58@icloud.com.
Yes longer F24 legs machined. Look good.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Many thanks for the post. Much appreciated and the wonders of modern technology sent me an email notification you'd posted.

I'm good for the whole sidestand assembly now thank you. I got the last of Mike's Indian Parts long one.

I am still short a rear brake pedal though and haven't been able to turn one up...

Stuart

RDB58

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Many thanks for the post. Much appreciated and the wonders of modern technology sent me an email notification you'd posted.

I'm good for the whole sidestand assembly now thank you. I got the last of Mike's Indian Parts long one.

I am still short a rear brake pedal though and haven't been able to turn one up...

Stuart
Hello Stuart, collecting parts now. RDB