Misc: Everything Else Series 'A' Series 'A' Parts Required

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm currently rebuilding my Series 'A' Comet project, and am still looking for a few bits if anyone's able to help?

Best regards

Stuart

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 14.26.47.png

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The chance of finding an original Miller rear light is very slim, plus its just a rear light and doesn't include fitting for dual bulb so no brake light.
In UK brake lights are required on motorcycles first used from 1st Jan 1936 onwards and I know your bike Stuart is 1938.

Paul Horton makes a very good replica of the pre war Miller rear light 35E as used on most series A singles and it comes modified with a brake light built in. Part number 35E half way down this webpage:

Dinny

VOC Member
Neal Videon makes the side stand and mounting casting. I believe he also does the hollow axle, front wheel axle and may do the gearbox bolt. The front brake arms are the same as post war so they can be found.

The club used to do the side stand spring.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Dinny

VOC Member
This maybe a hollow axle for an A from Neal I have spare

Attachments

• 0F620835-3A08-470C-9A29-777D031894E1.jpeg
    0F620835-3A08-470C-9A29-777D031894E1.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 7

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
The chance of finding an original Miller rear light is very slim, plus its just a rear light and doesn't include fitting for dual bulb so no brake light.
In UK brake lights are required on motorcycles first used from 1st Jan 1936 onwards and I know your bike Stuart is 1938.

Paul Horton makes a very good replica of the pre war Miller rear light 35E as used on most series A singles and it comes modified with a brake light built in. Part number 35E half way down this webpage:

Simon..hugely appreciated thank you.
Stuart

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Neal Videon makes the side stand and mounting casting. I believe he also does the hollow axle, front wheel axle and may do the gearbox bolt. The front brake arms are the same as post war so they can be found.

The club used to do the side stand spring.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Many thanks. Yes Neal has told.me he has some A parts left and so I posted this list for the Forum before I place an order in Australia just in case anyone has any bits hiding under the bench.
Stuart

Dinny

VOC Member
I’m in the USA but am coming back to the uk for a week in Feb so I can bring it with me if you are interested and leave it with Simon or I can mail it to you.

I have some other small parts left over from my build if you are looking for anything else.

Thanks
Mark

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I’m in the USA but am coming back to the uk for a week in Feb so I can bring it with me if you are interested and leave it with Simon or I can mail it to you.

I have some other small parts left over from my build if you are looking for anything else.

Thanks
Mark
Thats great thanks Mark and yes please I'll buy that from you. If you can email me I'll send you my complete list on email that I'm short of.

metcalfe_stuart@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stuart

RDB58

Active Forum User
VOC Member
These side stands are on my “A” (and all the “A” we built) but I needed to add 1.0” to extend the foot. I copied an original Side Stand but wow next time I will cast an inch extra. Neal and I sell these for $165 AUD each.
Do you need F24M? I have a batch of unmachined F24M castings and will machined another batch this year.

Attachments

• 064A0D26-65B5-4B4F-BE9F-6D4F8ACB7E77.jpeg
    064A0D26-65B5-4B4F-BE9F-6D4F8ACB7E77.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 14