FT: Frame (Twin) Seat Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The governor of Michigan, a neighboring state, has banned motorcycle riding. She also has said that fishing is ok as long as your boat doesn't have a motor!

This seems entirely daft - any rationale supplied? Unless something goes very wrong, I'm always at least 6 feet from others while riding solo.

Texas has a stay-at-home rule, with exceptions, but I've been riding regularly without any sign of disapproval from the authorities. Traffic is much lighter than usual in the suburbs, but about the same in rural areas.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Thanks for the responses. I am a non-owner member currently and am vaguely in the hunt for a Rapide. I spoke to a man this morning who is may be selling his to finance another bike. He is two hours away and I plan on visiting him as soon as the weather improves.

Has the government in GB said anything about motorcycle riding yet?
The governor of Michigan, a neighboring state, has banned motorcycle riding. She also has said that fishing is ok as long as your boat doesn't have a motor!

As much as I wouldn't put it past her, Whitmer hasn't banned motorcycle riding. Power boat usage is banned in the executive order, I read it when I saw your post. I live just north of Detroit (7 miles) my bike(s) are my preferred method of travel and my primary car is a Solstice. I'll be driving and riding around. Motorcycles are a legitimate form of transportation and I've paid my for my tag. The only in the executive order page mentioning motorcycles is testing for licenses for new riders has been suspended.
Steven

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Incidentally there has been one lawsuit brought and settled over Whitmer's executive order. The State backed down and the lawsuit was dropped. The second one has been brought by several complainants and the state has not responded yet.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I am still trying to work out why a boat is OK without an engine !.
You and everyone else. Michigan has literally 3,288 miles of shoreline. Look at a map of the U.S. look for the big mitten in the middle of the country. The only Great Lake that doesn't touch Michigan is Ontario. Boating is big business here. Outdoor activities such as, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, skiing, are all very big business here. Thousands of people have house that back on to the Great Lakes or one of the 11,000 smaller lakes in the state. You are never more than 85 miles from a Great Lake here. I suppose Whitmer's rationale is if you're out on a kayak or row boat you're less likely to get yourself into a situation that requires first responder. Where as if you get into trouble far from shore you're going to need help from a lot of people who are dealing with the kung flu, a.k.a. Mao's Revenge.

Denny653

VOC Member
As much as I wouldn't put it past her, Whitmer hasn't banned motorcycle riding. Power boat usage is banned in the executive order, I read it when I saw your post. I live just north of Detroit (7 miles) my bike(s) are my preferred method of travel and my primary car is a Solstice. I'll be driving and riding around. Motorcycles are a legitimate form of transportation and I've paid my for my tag. The only in the executive order page mentioning motorcycles is testing for licenses for new riders has been suspended.
Steven
Hello Steven, I live in Ohio, but Michigan is of interest to me as my son and daughter-in-law live in Berkeley. As I understand it, one can use a motorcycle for transportation to work, shopping, etc., but not. "joyriding "!
The article I read said that police would not pull you over and ask where you're going. My son's in-laws have a vacation home up north, and it seems that the Gov has said that residents cannot travel to an in-state vacation home. ...and she is on the short list for V.P.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Hey Denny,
That's right, going to or from your vacation home is supposedly out. That is partially what the second lawsuit is over, that and the loss of revenue for some businesses. If you want to check out a video on the lawsuit Lehto's law on Youtube. There was a rather large protest on the steps of the state capital building yesterday and on the roads around it.
But because Whitmer has declared you can't buy flowers for the garden, while your sheltering in place and you can't buy paint for the shelter, along with ordering businesses closed that are listed on the Dept. of Homeland Security's list of essential businesses that should stay open because she doesn't agree with what is on the list, she has raised the ire of Michiganders (yes that is a what we refer to ourselves as ) that is why there were protests on the state capital yesterday.
As one protester said yesterday, "Quarantine is for the sick. The healthy get on and work."
Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.