bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This shows the pop rivets used for my large seat:

20230323_170322.jpg

b'knighted

VOC Member
Still on there. Foam and cover from a unit Triumph seat on a flat base which just sits on the rear cowl. The foam is longer than the seat cutaway and is fully supported by the rear hump. I have heard D passengers complain about the base of their spines being bruised by the front of the hump.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
When fitting the longer seat,
Did somebody say , You have to turn the lifting handle / Mud guard stay, The other way round ?,
And re weld the chain guard fitting ?.

fogrider

VOC Member
The spares Co. don't supply the Feridax badge as a single item, does anyone know of a source in the UK ? , I've drawn a blank

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
This is another BIG seat, Just came up on the photos across the top of the screen,
On this Forum, Owner Roger Lord, I think he has packed up riding now ?,
But his Dad Norman Lord , On this Forum , May tell you something about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 26

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I don't think so Bill, the mounting points are in the same place on either seat, I think the longer one just sticks out the back further. If you have some carrier rack arrangement that fits closely up to the back of a standard seat, then yes, that would need to be modified.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
When fitting the longer seat,
Did somebody say , You have to turn the lifting handle / Mud guard stay, The other way round ?,
And re weld the chain guard fitting ?.
My Rapide is fully floating with an AVO mono-shock. The lifting handle hit the rear of the long seat so I turned the lifting handle over and welded on a new lug for the chainguard fixing.
If you have standard suspension maybe you don't have this problem.