Misc: Everything Else Seat cover

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks Ed , I thought I had seen it somewhere.
I like the idea of a big new seat, But £450 is too much for me :) , And I would need 2 .

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Thanks Ed , I thought I had seen it somewhere.
I like the idea of a big new seat, But £450 is too much for me :) , And I would need 2 .
My pillion passenger says she approves of the longer seat for the comfort and less likelihood of sliding off the back.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not often I take someone on the back,
Many years ago I was at a VOC Rally, We had to ride around a Field, Before a Best Bike thingy,
One of John Marshall's Young Boys asked if he could come on the back,
I tried to tell him mine was a single seat seat with a Figlass hump at the rear,
"Rickman ", Well that didn't matter !, To Him, Oh to be young again.
So we threw a rag over it and off we went :) .

Attachments

• 002 (8) (1).JPG
    002 (8) (1).JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 16

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
I fitted a longer seat a while ago now, probably just before the 2015 Italian Rally, mainly for the mutual comfort of the rider and pillion passenger, with the added bonus, it seemed to irradicate helmet clashing once and for all. The bike is fully sprung with a Cyril Maylem pannier rack and AVO shock with Petteford springs, sidecar I seem to remember, fitted aeons ago, I had the squab height reduced as it was too high for me, didn't look right either, also cut and reduced the fixing height of the front bracket to pull the seat down and forward a knats just enough for the rear of the seat to clear the carrier, just. As a precaution I did turn the lifting handle through 180 degrees and repositioned the chain guard bracket, which just seemed easier at the time than stripping off the spring boxes to check the clearance, and since fitting a centre stand the rear lifting handle doesn't get much use anyway, I am just waiting now for someone to tell me I have it fitted incorrectly!

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I fitted a longer seat a while ago now, probably just before the 2015 Italian Rally, mainly for the mutual comfort of the rider and pillion passenger, with the added bonus, it seemed to irradicate helmet clashing once and for all. The bike is fully sprung with a Cyril Maylem pannier rack and AVO shock with Petteford springs, sidecar I seem to remember, fitted aeons ago, I had the squab height reduced as it was too high for me, didn't look right either, also cut and reduced the fixing height of the front bracket to pull the seat down and forward a knats just enough for the rear of the seat to clear the carrier, just. As a precaution I did turn the lifting handle through 180 degrees and repositioned the chain guard bracket, which just seemed easier at the time than stripping off the spring boxes to check the clearance, and since fitting a centre stand the rear lifting handle doesn't get much use anyway, I am just waiting now for someone to tell me I have it fitted incorrectly!
I think there is perhaps a little more travel with the AVO Monoshock. On full bump the reversed lifting handle just touched the rear of my seat. My RFM is a "B" so a little shorter than a "C" bringing the lifting handle a little closer to the rear of the seat. With a modified rear suspension it is worth removing the spring units and moving the wheel up and down to the limits of the damper travel. Check clearance between the handle and seat rear and also between the top of the mudguard and the cutaway in the bottom of the seat.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
This is another BIG seat, Just came up on the photos across the top of the screen,
On this Forum, Owner Roger Lord, I think he has packed up riding now ?,
But his Dad Norman Lord , On this Forum , May tell you something about it.
The saddle that was fitted to both Rogers and my bikes was based on one from a B.M.W. K 100 manufactured by a company in Dursley, as far as I know they have unfortunately gone to the wall.
Roger is sill ridding, but not on a Vincent, he gave up with Vincent's following the primary chain breaking and putting hit wife in James Cook hospital with a fractured pelvis.
He is still a member of the club and now has a house in south Yorkshire, although he works in Birmingham during the week going home to Kay at the week ends,.
stumpy lord

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Thanks Norman, I could have done with one of those when I had a K100, For 10 years,
I had a standard one and a Comfort one, Both not good.
Cheers Bill.