Rear stand

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I needed to have 1/4" plates welded on the feet after installing the JE steering stem, so it is easy enough. Check that it is sufficient by parking on 1/4" ply or other spacer. When you order, Dave asks for measurements, see attached.

Attachments

• Dave Hills Stand.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 27

Albervin

VOC Member
I needed to have 1/4" plates welded on the feet after installing the JE steering stem, so it is easy enough. Check that it is sufficient by parking on 1/4" ply or other spacer. When you order, Dave asks for measurements, see attached.
Yes, I was going to experiment with some sheet steel or hardwood first before I welded. I was just concerned about how far the stand rolls over centre The last thing you want is the bike rolling off the stand when nobody is nearby.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
The 1/4" thick tab on the top of the moving part can be trimmed on its face to allow going farther over center, if needed. I did it with the bike up on the lift with my Dremel and a cutting disk after not doing it well enough when initially fitting the stand. Now I am wondering if I went too far and may have to dismantle and get it built up with weld. Maybe it gets pounded out from use?

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Adjustable feet.

Attachments

• 20170331_094221.jpg
    20170331_094221.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 41
  • 20170331_094232.jpg
    20170331_094232.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 42

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Adjustable feet.
I have the Rapide up on the bench at the moment doing a similar mod. I will also put a "blob of weld" on the piece that limits the on the stand position as Bruce mentioned in post #53, to give me some adjustment.
P.S. The stand needs a bit of adjustment as I've got the concentric steering mod fitted now.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I'm not sure whether a 9/16 NF is the same as a 9/16 UNF but if it is then there are several other threads on a Vincent the same. Rear stand pivots, 'D' centre stand pivots, cylinder head bolts etc.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
NF & UNF are the same Norman, it's just someone being lazy, and you are very correct that the other 9/16" on the Vincent too, it's just that our cousins over the other side of the pond are too close to the USA and get influenced by their terminology, I do feel sorry for them on occasions. What was it Churchill said about the UK & USA, two great nations separated by a common language.
bananaman.