F: Frame Rear seat stays friction

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I seem to remember Carl Hungness coming up with a neat solution to going fully sprung without the need for an additional frame or supports off the rear footrest plates, I think he used the the footrest hanger through bolt and a modified battery carrier to support the seat using flat supports coming up between the rear spring boxes, it looked very neat but not sure how strong it would be for a rider and pillion passenger of reasonable proportions, anyone know if the mod was widely used?
Here are some photos of Carl's setup:

brackets-raw.jpg
seat-done.jpg

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Bruce
Thanks for pictures, they must pictures of a different set up that Carl tried, definitely not the set up that he originally wrote about in MPH and that is now archived.

vibrac

VOC Member
Thats like the arrangement I had on the Trials Comet never never had such a comfortable seat it was an old pergusa from a fifties BMW
1521392593515.png

vibrac

VOC Member
It was an attempt to concentrate the wiring complexity in one place and lighten the headlamp weight. I have improved it on the 2020 bike. ( I hope.)
Ben has just rewired a custom flying brick full of strange electrical stuff including his electronic ECU and he used a 'block' that I don't completely understand. It uses one wire to all devices and ground with internal relays and an input and output terminal set. He said it's simplicity itself I shall have to read up on it as I am intrigued, however I think it's to complex for our old crates and it costs a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator: