Rallies are to be banned?

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sounds a bit like the Ausie system, where you can only ride on certain days provided you belong to a club and they have nominated it a riders day. Total crap.

John Cone

VOC Member
What about the BMF National Rally, just think how much tax revenue the government would lose in petrol sales. 1000 riders doing over 600 miles in 24hrs that a lot of dosh.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
1000x1000.jpg
Many years ago (before owing a Vincent) I saw a Vincent parked with a sticker on it that said;
"This vehicle is protected by excessive violence"
I now have a Vincent, but I do have to find one of those stickers....
This one do?
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
What about the BMF National Rally, just think how much tax revenue the government would lose in petrol sales. 1000 riders doing over 600 miles in 24hrs that a lot of dosh.

I dont think motorcyclists could ever use the petrol sales argument, any 30 mile each way comuter does that 3 times a year in any case our insignificance in the grand scheme of things is one of our few advantages. Its a pity its not used more. A lot of blame falls on the industry I am sure a 'backdoor nod and a wink' arrangement with the UK government or the EU regime exists. otherwise with city's choked, trains a mess, parking impossible and petrol expensive why are there no TV adverts during X factor extolling the virtues we all know so well. and the sub set classic motorcycles is being lulled into a special 'not normal transport' prison, by concessions on MOT and Road tax we never asked for, You don't get something for nothing .Gentlemen we are being stitched up

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
Many years ago (before owing a Vincent) I saw a Vincent parked with a sticker on it that said;

Back in the 70s , while running my MAG MONSTER VIN nitro burning drag bike, some where in Oklahoma LEO PAYNE and I met for the first time. His bike, a rather unimpressive H.D. sportster , that ruled the quarter mile, one of the fastest of the fast so to speak. Painted on the tank was the words (IN GOD WE TRUST) I ask , what was the significance, LEO replied, pulling a one dollar bill out of his pocket showing as part of its makeup the words the words, in god we trust, then saying with ,I don't remember a smile, all of these I own go into that, pointing to the Sportster.:(

MAX

Albervin

VOC Member
It was probably Peter Volker's bike. If you know him you would realise it wasn't an idle threat.

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Sounds a bit like the Ausie system, where you can only ride on certain days provided you belong to a club and they have nominated it a riders day. Total crap.
In Victoria (don't know about other states) if a club member, you have a log book and can ride any time, any where but only for 45 or 90 days depending on the permit you have. If on a 45 day permit and you hit 45 days in the year you can buy another 45 days but 90 is the maximum (theoretically it is if you fill out log book each time ;))

grahamsharrock

Non-VOC Member
Sure does. It's getting more old bikes out of the shed and on the road. 45 day permit is about $70 and 90 day $110. Full rego is in excess of $600. You can have 9 or 10 bikes on 45 day permits for the cost of 1 on full rego.

vibrac

VOC Member
Well we had better put our faith in the FHBVC its our best bet. the BMF and MAG do their best but they are fragmented (Why don't they join together?) The FBHVC have a lot of clout from a car point of view but old car people have not been persecuted like us motorcyclists and don't rise up till perhaps too late.
(I love my spell checker FHBVC is corrected to HAVOC ) :)