Pyluminising the unknown practice....

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Well it's not your every day BSA, so it is worth the extra trouble. I have a 54 BSA Road Rocket in the shed which is the first of the swing arm models, and only about 200 made for the US market, so quite a rare bike in itself.....It has suffered major crankcase damage from a broken con rod, so your frame repairs are similar to the equivalent to my case repairs. And yes we could not carry out these repairs without the help of others.......It will be a nice bike when you are done. Having myself moved at my workplace plus moving house in the last two years, I know the grief it causes, trying to find what is still buried in box's piled up on or under benches. When you find time, you will get there. Cheers.......Greg.

Magnetoman

VOC Member
myself moved at my workplace plus moving house in the last two years, I know the grief it causes, trying to find what is still buried in box's piled up on or under benches.
I had just turned some serious attention to the Vincent this past spring when the new house hit the fan, so to speak. From then until we moved six weeks later all my effort in the old garage was spent getting things packed and labeled to make the move as painless as possible. Although in every way my new garage/shop is better than the old, still it took months to restore enough functionality so that it was more useful than it was frustrating. Nothing like repeatedly having to search 10 min. to find things that it used to take 10 sec. to fetch from known shelves. But, the worst definitely is over now so when I do have spare time I'm able to benefit from the significant improvement in conditions.

greg brillus

VOC Member
I look forward to your progress, like you say when time permits. I also look forward to assisting you where I can, as I'm sure many others here, will do the same. All the best and happy new year to you, and all others reading this. Cheers for now.....Greg.