Misc: Stands Prop Stand Poser

Michael Vane-Hunt

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
My prop stand
ContactPhoto-IMG_20190801_164515.jpg
. I take him everywhere and he holds the bike up when we stop.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
We still need the cheap and easy way of mounting a modern-ish propstand with Dave Hills' pesky spring in the way

vibrac

VOC Member
My take on the comments give 4 options
mount DH spring on other side: quite involved
mount prop stand further forward: Bill did it! I will investigate
mount prop stand on pillars over spring: investigate but worry about corner clearance
mount prop stand above spring : alters the geometry- need to change length of leg

Its one of those jobs I will have to do once the plot is off the work bench I know from experience just a small change in angle of leg can produce wide variations of the propped up machine.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Or you could fit a Mike Breeding longer front prop. Looks origional and you can heat it up to bend it to suit any post war Vincent. Also you can cut it to correct length before brazing on the foot.

vibrac

VOC Member
Or you could fit a Mike Breeding longer front prop. Looks origional and you can heat it up to bend it to suit any post war Vincent. Also you can cut it to correct length before brazing on the foot.
If I wanted a front stand I would fit either the original and carry the weight of the unit and beefed up plates
or I am sure I could fit my kawakersakeri one with some jiggery but I prefer the mid position

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Another way is just put a spring on the inside, I know dave's is not the same as a "D", But I think you can get one inside.

Pushrod Twin

VOC Member
Here's what I have. It's made from a Brampton fork leg tube. The forging at the top is off a Honda VT500. I can park on mud, soft grass, the stand is long and it has a nice pad on the end so it can't sink. Most modern bikes have really poor sidestands.
Nice tacho drive, what is the spark making instrument?