Misc: Stands Prop Stand Poser

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have a kwakersakeri prop stand. here it is fitted to a LH footrest on my twin. I want to fit one to my reduced weight Comet which has a Dave Hills Stand. That stand is the best thing since fried bread but there are occasions when the landing ground calls for a prop stand. Problem is of course that the spring on a Dave Hills stand when folded and its pivot is exactly where the prop stand would go (see second picture) I dont really want to go down the front stand route and even if I had a mirror image prop stand I can tell you as a Beta Alp owner a RH prop stand just goes against human nature. Before I start playing about with outrigger pillars and upseting the prop stand geometry or touching down on corners has anyone else found a solution?
1576660653928.png
1576661349781.png

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
I have a kwakersakeri prop stand. here it is fitted to a LH footrest on my twin. I want to fit one to my reduced weight Comet which has a Dave Hills Stand. That stand is the best thing since fried bread but there are occasions when the landing ground calls for a prop stand. Problem is of course that the spring on a Dave Hills stand when folded and its pivot is exactly where the prop stand would go (see second picture) I dont really want to go down the front stand route and even if I had a mirror image prop stand I can tell you as a Beta Alp owner a RH prop stand just goes against human nature. Before I start playing about with outrigger pillars and upseting the prop stand geometry or touching down on corners has anyone else found a solution?
View attachment 31486View attachment 31487
Tim,
I've fitted a Triumph Sprint 1050 one & have a Dave Hills mainstand , I'll try & remember to post a picture tonight when I get home.
Cheers
Dave

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes it does Bruce but I am dammed if I can see how I did ito_O unless it was to the bottom of the chain case . you can see how the spring and pivot sits on the Hills footrest plate.
So many jobs so few notes...

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Not sure it would work for you, But on my New Comet, I have fitted a prop' lower and more forward,
I picked up on the big bolt below the chain case and welded a plate to go behind the foot rest plate,
With the main bit of the prop below the footrest plate. Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_150319 (2).jpg
    IMG_20190727_150319 (2).jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 52

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I did this centre stand mod to put the spring/s on the other side. Paul Ennis had done it on his twin so I copied that.
centre stand mod.jpg

Last edited:

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
This is my Triumph Sidestand.
Only flaw is that you have to deploy the sidestand before the main stand, but that is what I`d normally do anyway, then take off
main stand & flick sidestand up.
Cheers
Dave
IMG_20191218_182515.jpg

Last edited: