please help,whats it worth

Tom Gaynor

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Value of a Vincent

First "merchant banker" has been UK rhyming slang for "****er" for as long as i can remember. It's called "folk wisdom". It never errs.
Given that by the time the bankers have trousered their bonuses, the interest they can pay on ones $50,000 wouldn't buy a packet of cornflakes, so what has one to lose by buying a Vincent to ride? Just how keen are you on cornflakes?
Lucky enough to retire on 31/12/2008, just before the whole tottering edifice went tits-up, as anyone with an ounce of sense could see it would, I promptly "invested" - read "spent" - my money on "things". And "things" get you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no things.
Banknotes probably have a similar nutritional value, and not much less taste, than breakfast cereals, but neither brings joy to one's life the way a rideable Vincent does.

The question ,How much is a Vincent worth?, depends on how much someone wants to pay. Present auction results suggest a price,for any twin, over $50,000. The perceived overpricing of vehicles has been a trend for the last 2 decades. It was great when people were able to purchase Vincents at a normal price, but times change. Old racing Ferraris were once worthless, now fetch millions. I don't see any outrage over that price hike. Don't buy a Vincent for an investment, buy it because you like the motorcycle. Ride it, work on it, and enjoy the social benefits of the Club. There are many other ways to waste money that are not near as much fun. The beauty of Vincents are they are great machines to run, will always be worth something, and not to be snobbish, always the best motor vehicles at any venue. Again, best bike ever.
Safe riding, Dan

indianken

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I find my Vincent worth more to me than a wife.:eek:

Unlike a wife :mad:, if I keep poring money into the Vincent she will never say no
to a nice ride.:D

Ken