Misc: Ignition Pazon Vs Trispark

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi,

I am thinking of ordering one of these two ignition systems. Would love some advise about either of them from owners that have used them.

Best,

Gene.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Sure am happy with them pazon.
On all the bikes. Only once let me down a bit.
But could potter on at max2500rpm.
Pick up failure. Got one for free from Andy. Even after some years of use. On Godet is a kit from Mr Grosset, very good. I have used bth, although 12V free. Broke down 2 kits.
Some local made a kit, broke down. Magneto, was kaputt at the beginning, I don't like the too thin wires.
Only my experience, no more.
Sure want to read about trispark.

brian gains

VOC Member
i've only used the Pazon but gave good service and easy to set up, on other forums it seems to be the EI go to.
With duff battery it goes full retard around 11v , there may be some slight variation with other systems but once you're in that pickle you're grasping at straws anyway.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Pazon goes down to 7_8 volts easy. I noticed when had alton disease, as Patrick could say so nice.
With spare little shorai made it home for 1500 km, oh sorry Marcus: 900 mls

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
I have heard good reports on either system when used on a twin. If you go with pazon would that not mean local support being available to you if needed??

Then again I have heard nothing but praise for tri-spark. Why not compare the advance curves then pick the one you prefer?

craig

VOC Member
To retain a stock look to a Rapide or Comet.
Are there photos, not written description, of Pazon installed on twin or single?

VincentPazonTwinKit1.jpg

craig

VOC Member
To retain a stock look to a Rapide or Comet.
Are there photos, not written description, of TriSpark installed on twin or single?

TriSparkDisCoilt2.jpg