• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

A: Oil Pipework Oil Leak or Not?

nigsey

Active Website User
VOC Member
I’ve only owned my HRD C Rapide a few months and squeezed in one short test ride before the winter weather set in. I changed the engine oil and have not run it since but noticed a few weeks ago quite a few drops of oil appearing in the clean drip tray, this was not due to spilt oil! The breather exits directly beneath the engine and there is evidence of oil on or around the pipe and the underside of the engine casing. I have been turning the engine over recently but not starting it as I’ve drained the fuel for winter. I did this again a few days ago and low and behold there‘s not been a single drop of oil on the freshly cleaned drip tray since. Is this normal behaviour for a twin?

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Bob. The operative word here is "yet" and perhaps the exclamation mark!!!!!!

However I admire your optimism. "Blessed is he who expecteth the worst for him shall I not disappoint"
1st Book of Pessimists Chapter 1 verse 1
Amen brother. He’s obviously jinxed himself by posting that. It will be interesting to see if he still sounds smug the morning after.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?