Norvins

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Little Honda. 67 years, 130 kgs.
Bill, I don't have a valve lifter fitted, and why push it backwards and forwards a few times when I can just kick it over with the ignition off, it does turn over very easily.

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
If u r using big carbs on yr twin, esp. those without accelerator pumps plus MK2 cams, it might b tiring to kickstart her. Ernst used to inject lighter fuel into the open throttles of his BL, which always started first kick
that way. (Yes, kickstart on a BL, as we did not race her in a way, that the weight difference would matter)
Although, it wasn´t slow at all: Some 3 yrs ago, she was second fastest behind an RC30, ridden by the president of the RC30 OC.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If u r using big carbs on yr twin, esp. those without accelerator pumps plus MK2 cams, it might b tiring to kickstart her. Ernst used to inject lighter fuel into the open throttles of his BL, which always started first kick
that way. (Yes, kickstart on a BL, as we did not race her in a way, that the weight difference would matter)
Although, it wasn´t slow at all: Some 3 yrs ago, she was second fastest behind an RC30, ridden by the president of the RC30 OC.
I had a Kicker on my L/ning rep' for a time,
I know I could use "easy start", And I know it's the PEE they are putting in the petrol,
It's just hard for me to change after all these years,
When I had T.T. carb's on it , It would fire before the kicker was at the bottom,
But I had a lot of plug wetting, So they had to go, Think I should have fitted weaker slides,
Like I have had to do to my other Bikes, but too late now.
Now got 30mm Mk2 s 9 to ones and Mk2 cams And Knackered Body ! :D.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I keep being tempted to fit Mk1 Concentrics like I have an my "standard" twin, that starts first kick but hate the mess from tickling and the thought of having bought Mikuni's and wasting the money (I'm from Yorkshire).
Hmm, pumper carbs, I have a pair of 32mm Dellorto's somewhere, ex Ducati 860 GTS.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think the Dellortos are the best,
My 36 mm on my Special with the Proper Choke,
But I had to take the pumps off when I went from 12 to 1 to 9 to1 pistons,
Made it too rich,
Plus people love to twist the throttle, And flood you engine.

oexing

VOC Member
After binning the original air box on the Honda Clubman I had real trouble to get the Keihin CV carb to operate smoothly in all rev ranges. When having video clips from a road test looking inside the carb I could watch the slide jump up and down half an inch in certain situations - unacceptable. So off with the CV Keihin and had a 36mm Dellorto from a 750 Lav project. I like weak slide springs for less force on the twist grip and found the acceleration pump does quite some side load on the slide as it acts on a ramp of the slide. So I did not like that and actually without pump and some jetting we are very pleased with the Clubman now.

Vic
P1030321.JPG

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
You see we live and learn, I thought it was a bodge and a quick way not to have retune,
The needle etc, As the stuff is not cheap, And I would not know where to start,
I have lots of main jets, And a few slides I have reshaped, But needles and there jets,
Could be a nightmare !.