IMG20200828064808.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20200828064843.jpg
    IMG20200828064843.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 30

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its a bit ugly........It's the wrong shift pattern that's the issue........ The previous owner and original builder of the bike is a Triumph man........I'm possibly going to change it for a magnesium 5 speed version with the correct one up 4 down pattern.

davidd

VOC Member
David, is that with ‘your design‘ Megacycle cam like Greg’s using Or a mkll?

I know Greg has one of my cams. It is not my design, it is a John Renwick design, but when Megacycle made it for me some small changes were made and as a result I call it my cam so there is no confusion about the specs. It has 0.480" or so lift. Renwick's was a bit higher. It is also a long duration cam at 300 degrees. It works very high up in RPM. I shift at 7,000. In general, it's good for 3-4 bhp higher than the Mk2.

David Tompkins's race engine has a Mk2 in it and it is performing very well at 39 bhp with the Megacycle Mk2. With a little bit more tuning it could hit 40 bhp at the rear wheel, which is hard to beat.

Greg,

Very nicely done, as expected. It is good that you have GB Racing as a sponsor! Any photos of the ignition?

David

Cyborg

VOC Member
.I might even play around with a TPS (throttle position sensor) at some point to give better torque out of the corners........You can do that with the Ignitech ignition, plus many more features if wanted.

Just a guess, but a VOS or a MAP sensor, might be easier to set up. MAP sensor is normally used for fuel control, but might work depending on what sort of signal your system is looking for. That way the engine is telling the ignition system what it needs rather than you wrist. All above my pay grade though.....

I used this from RGM, it might shorten the shift a bit. Haven’t ridden the damn thing yet, so can’t comment on how well this setup works.

Your bike does look nice. Makes me want to throw my frame off a cliff.
04FDA0EA-0DB3-4DF4-BB1B-9E6133637F71.jpeg

Last edited:

greg brillus

VOC Member
These pictures show some detail of the Ignitech ignition with twin single output coils which is the best way to go.......The box is mounted just behind the steering head.......the model is a TCI P4 V96 version that is a 2 channel unit and fully programmable........they also show the 40 mm Gardner flat slide carby and the large Dellorto SS 1 float bowl that I made a custom shock absorbing mount for, and easy to adjust the level up or down quite quickly. The Hall effect pickup sensor is available from Jaycar a local electronics supply shop less than $20 and made my own "Choper Disc" that mounts inboard of the crank pulley........The pickup is mounted on a special made bracket, we machined a nice smooth radius curve at the rear of the main bearing housing so we could slacken the clamping screws to rotate the pickup assembly up and down to set the initial advance.......i can move it from 5 to 10 degrees plus very easily........The rest is done in the programming of the unit which has a cable to connect it to a lap top.........Sounds easy doesn't it..........Cheers.

greg brillus

VOC Member
Some detail of the extra oil pump I grafted in.........It is from a Dr 250 Suzuki dirt bike, and it is made by Mikuni.........beautiful little pump and spins at the same speed as the large idler gear...........