• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

My Grandfather - Leslie Keith Dyer

sara2369

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
I know its a long shot but my grandad used to work for Vincents in Stevenage, his name was Leslie Keith Dyer, he was married to a lady, Rose, in his second marriage. (His first marriage was to a lady called Peggy).
I would love to find out about his time there. Thanks so much.
Sara ( Leslie's granddaughter.)

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrac

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
hi.
i know its a long shot but my grandad use to work for vincents in stevenage, his name was Leslie Keith dyer, he was married to a lady rose in his second marriage. (his first marriage was to a lady called peggy).
i would love to find out about his time there. thanks so much sara ( leslie granddaughter)
There are some pictures of the Stevenage staff in Vincent books certainly PCV's book Snarling Beast has a picture of all the female staff and works employees appear in many other publications

Albervin

VOC Member
Ladies who worked at Vincents. There was a couple of sisters called Peggy and Betty. Would that be the same Peggy you mentioned, Sara? Sorry about the quality. Photo courtesy of David Bowen.IMG_20190410_0002.jpg

david bowen

VOC Member
The short lady in the middle Maisie Olieff was married to Terry Wade x RAF worked at Vincent for many years. Terry died a few years back I think Maisie still lives in Stevenage in a estate near The Marquis of Granby 30 Burymead, her daughter lived next door

A_HRD

VOC Member
Interesting picture, but correct me if I am wrong, Leslie is a man's name and Sara is seeking info on her Grandad (Leslie Keith Dyer) - anyone got a digital photo of the men who worked at Vincents? Perhaps David Bowen knew of him?

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

david bowen

VOC Member
I do not remember him but a photo would be handy If Maisie Wade is still a live she would know him. in those days labour was hard to find, so there was plenty of coming and going