MPH - Have you received yours yet?

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes its here

Ours turned up today in sunny south Cambridgeshire. A fellow member nearby got his on Thursday morning.:D:D

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I was away and came home on Aug 3rd, it had arrived previously, I think the 2nd, but my daughters (same Address) arrived on the 3rd. Very sunny Langley BC.
Just to make you jealous, I did a 440 miles loop last Tuesday, north up the Fraser Canyon and Thompson to Cache Creek, east through Pavillion to Lillooet, south down the Duffy lake road (Arthur F will be jealous), through Whistler (home of the 2010 winter olympics) and back home.

chstorm

Forum User
VOC Member
Mph

Yes - I received my copy yesterday (Friday 3rd August) in Nesodden, outside Oslo, Norway. Very efficient!

Cheers!
:)

Carl

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Saturday dawned - no MPH here in the south end of Buckinghamshire.

Postman clearly doesn't like MPH too much.................................

Stuart

G

Graham Smith

Well, I assure you that all non-UK copies were posted last Friday, and all UKs were posted on the Monday.

The reason they're taking so long to reach some UK Members is because of the postal strikes which are taking place at the moment.

Comet

VOC Member
So why not have MPH on the forum live.
Then we won't have to worry about postal strikes and wet envelopes. MPH LIVE sounds good. We can keep it a secret from those without a PC as well. If it all goes well we can have webcams attached to our Vins and Blog a rally so that can be pc downloadable too. :rolleyes:
just a thought.
Comet

G

Graham Smith

Hi John, I know you're only joking about the MPH Live thing, but just for the record, I for one would be REALLY against MPH being published on the internet.

I would only do it if I were instructed to do so by the GCM, and then I'd have to really consider my position as Editor, as I think it'd be an incredibly bad decision.

You may be interested to read a letter in MPH 704 from a Member who thinks that Flogger's Corner on the forum is dreadful (and that I'm the devil or something)! What he fails to realise is that Floggers Corner has supposedly been available on the web (the old website) for ages, probably years. If anyone can tell me when Floggers Corner first went on-line, I'd be greateful!

Graham

PS - Mind you, I am in favour of producing an electronic version of an old MPH, so we can send it to prospective Members in an attempt to get them to join, and prove to them that MPH is a good read. This would save on postage costs (especially those who live on the other side of the world) and printing costs.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Hi John, I know you're only joking about the MPH Live thing, but just for the record, I for one would be REALLY against MPH being published on the internet.

I would only do it if I were instructed to do so by the GCM, and then I'd have to really consider my position as Editor, as I think it'd be an incredibly bad decision.

You may be interested to read a letter in MPH 704 from a Member who thinks that Flogger's Corner on the forum is dreadful (and that I'm the devil or something)! What he fails to realise is that Floggers Corner has supposedly been available on the web (the old website) for ages, probably years. If anyone can tell me when Floggers Corner first went on-line, I'd be greateful!

Graham

PS - Mind you, I am in favour of producing an electronic version of an old MPH, so we can send it to prospective Members in an attempt to get them to join, and prove to them that MPH is a good read. This would save on postage costs (especially those who live on the other side of the world) and printing costs.
OK - mystery over - it finally arrived this morning, Monday 06 August (Postman must have finished reading it).

Personally I like having the hard copy magazine to read - and I pass it on to my Dad afterwards, couldn't do that with the computer and a printed pdf file just doesn't do it - I love the colour pictures, I'd have many more of them personally - especially bikes with interesting history or interesting modifications on them.

Stuart

Last edited: