FF: Forks More Brampton Woes

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Must be a different KTB, mine has a table for UFM and Cylinder Head Bracket Assemblies. I guess what is puzzling is that KTB says .360" wire diameter for a 180 spring. My Bobber has a .360" spring. The high riding B has a .360" spring. So, the only other variable is the spring length which I can't compare as I don't want to pull the springs out of both bikes and have another 2 Vincents sitting disabled. I will wait until the spring from the VOCS arrives and then pull the high riding one out and compare them. This chinese flu has really put the brakes on transport. Its been 4 weeks since Michelle sent it.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
644E4052-FF84-4EFA-87B1-4E2F9268EBF7.jpeg

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Yep, says that on page 27 of my KTB. Both the Bs' here have .360" springs. One sits with the front forks at full extension, one sits with the forks at the correct sag.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
Another silly question but did you measure between the eyes of the top links. As there are two types based on side car or solo. 3 3/8” for twin.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I would measure my set up but they are in a container bound for New Zealand.

Mail from the UK without jet travel is going to us at the bottom end a while to get.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Yes, did that. Measured the 4 parralellogram sides and the diagonals. Of course the diagonals were way out as expected.
Another silly question but did you measure between the eyes of the top links. As there are two types based on side car or solo. 3 3/8” for twin.

Albervin

VOC Member
For a while the VOCS was selling Brampton springs that were actually Series A items. Not sure if this is applicable to you. Count the number of coils.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
For a while the VOCS was selling Brampton springs that were actually Series A items. Not sure if this is applicable to you. Count the number of coils.
Series A springs are shorter as the series A forks & headstem length are slightly shorter (1/2" I think) and so if such a spring is fitted to a series B I would assume it would lower the bike which is the opposite to what is happening here.

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Exactly
Series A springs are shorter as the series A forks & headstem length are slightly shorter (1/2" I think) and so if such a spring is fitted to a series B I would assume it would lower the bike which is the opposite to what is happening here.