ET: Engine (Twin) Mikuni carbs

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Has anyone fitted Mikuni carbs in combination with two front heads?
I'm looking at fuel line routing and wondered if there are any clever solutions out there.
Photos appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Smith's Short-rodded Shadow has 34MM flatslides and 2 front heads, but they are 5/8 in lower on the shortened cylinders!

brian gains

VOC Member
is the routing really such an issue. Not my own work but the ViBSA i'm custodian of has front heads with Mikunis and space on that is tight!. so no clever solutions just only option. I'll post photo later unless someone else comes up with eureka solution in the meantime.
ps on second thoughts my setup will be of no help as the RHS petcock is located between the cylinders and i'm guessing you're running with standard tinware and your issue is with the RHS petcock being at the rear of the tank.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
Bruce, I went through the 20 pages and found a couple of posts about Mikunis on D's which, in effect, is the set up I have. I've pm'd them.

Robert, mine are 28mm VM's I don't know if the flatsiders are the same lay out.

Brian, yes mine is a standard in tank. I'm using ball valve taps which are a bit longer so space is tight.

I wanted to see if anyone had found a tidy way of linking 2 taps to the 2 single inlet carbs it will need 2 tee peices or a 4 way connector.

Last edited:

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Vin rev 002.JPG

but changed since, so no good, am surching......
i make a picture tonight

Last edited: