ET: Engine (Twin) Mikuni carbs

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I suppose you could cut down the brass insert and silver solder a right-angle on, but honestly is it a problem if it is I haven't found it single Comet or egli
1590586463753.png
1590586492305.png

SteveF

Non-VOC Member
I have Mikunis and the air filters have fallen to pieces. Yours look pretty good - I don't suppose you have a part number for them...

vibrac

VOC Member
I have been putting them on all day but then I simply paste (never touch attach files) and I keep em reasonable size

brian gains

VOC Member
Here is the layout I'm using, as I say not relevant to Ian's stock tank as the petcock will be at the back on the RHS not in the middle.

I think having the 'T' junction above the carb' as in Vibrac's setup looks a lot neater but in my situation I just don't have the room.

The Heath Robinson mix up with filter and selection of jubilee clips was as a get around as I had a bad fill with lots of silt as in the process of being tidied up.

Have toyed with the idea as per Vincent Brake photo of using safety wire but have the concern that if you have a road side strip down you have to carry jubilee / hose clips anyway.

Don't mean to hijack the thread and probably should start another , but does anyone have the same issue of Mikuni float chamber flooding/ sticking?. Sod's law says it is always the rear inacessible one for me and I've been told that with modern plugs that soaking them in fuel buggers them up?

Attachments

• Heads RHS.jpg
    Heads RHS.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Heads LHS.jpg
    Heads LHS.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 41

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Here is the layout I'm using, as I say not relevant to Ian's stock tank as the petcock will be at the back on the RHS not in the middle.

I think having the 'T' junction above the carb' as in Vibrac's setup looks a lot neater but in my situation I just don't have the room.

The Heath Robinson mix up with filter and selection of jubilee clips was as a get around as I had a bad fill with lots of silt as in the process of being tidied up.

Have toyed with the idea as per Vincent Brake photo of using safety wire but have the concern that if you have a road side strip down you have to carry jubilee / hose clips anyway.

Don't mean to hijack the thread and probably should start another , but does anyone have the same issue of Mikuni float chamber flooding/ sticking?. Sod's law says it is always the rear inacessible one for me and I've been told that with modern plugs that soaking them in fuel buggers them up?
True, its down to the coating in your tank.
I got one with one pack coating. And it always sticks. Then polisched inside to little relief.

Rapide has two pack since donkey s years no problem.

The tank of BS is full with paint stripper now....

vibrac

VOC Member
Strangely tonight the petrol started to pour out of the carb its almost certainly muck on the float needle Tomorrow I can fit one filter in the section leading up to the carb (bottom of my two pictures in post #11) whereas on the Egli 'neat' T connection (top picture) I would need two filters elsewhere