Misc: Ignition Magneto Pickups

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
OK Gene Here is a picture of my collection of mag pickups. Note the one on the bottom. It can be installed on the lower pickup and swivels 45 degrees giving it lots of clearance at the HT lead/cowl. I had one that had a hex base once but I think it may have gone on the Chilliwack B. Anyway these may be available through the usual suppliers or perhaps your magneto people may have one to spare.

20210713_120915[1].jpg

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
OK Gene Here is a picture of my collection of mag pickups. Note the one on the bottom. It can be installed on the lower pickup and swivels 45 degrees giving it lots of clearance at the HT lead/cowl. I had one that had a hex base once but I think it may have gone on the Chilliwack B. Anyway these may be available through the usual suppliers or perhaps your magneto people may have one to spare.

View attachment 43443
Hi Rob,

I am taking a few days off and staying at the brother in-laws. His lathe worked a treat and I machined an acorn nut down. Picture attached. So it looks like the parts book picture
09F92E90-A507-41D0-90EA-598D48E22DFE.jpeg

eharris

VOC Member
A bit late to this thread, but the "Hex base" one might have been this Lucas part?
tumbnail_43f066f4-05e1-47a2-8022-7db8f8969aef.jpg

My most recent magneto rebuild came back with two of these.