F: Frame Lightning seat

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Seat, tank petcock forward location, timing cover, rev counter location, handlebar bend

LightningFeridax1.jpg

LightningFeridax2.jpg

LightningFeridax3.jpg

LightningFeridax4.jpg

LightningFeridax5.jpg

Last edited:

pete4000

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello to all,

Lots of infos ! and thanks for the pictures Craig.
Interesting to see that the pictures shows that lightnings and grey flash had sort of regular seats.

vibrac

VOC Member
Establishing the real 'Spartacus'* design is difficult with road models, but when it comes to race machines its even worse! The fact that there were a few racer based road models of the lightning and flash and the factory would build whatever anyone wanted (Dearden et al) and add a Garnish of Surtees Flash type 'semi factory at the time' specials, Plus the pressure any shortcoming of the factory design comes under when people start to race them, and its open season on a 'Standard' design.
* "I'm standard!" , "No I'm standard" o_O

Last edited:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Early Lightning seats appear to be the standard road going seat but with the upper face contours removed or reduced, probably to allow the rider to move back on the seat to get into a racing position. Later Lightning seats appear to be of a completely different shape and a lot thinner. Beware of the owners modifications over the years which can get confused as original.

craig

VOC Member
When viewed from the top, these "Feridax" seats are quite different from the road going Dualseat.
This pic does the use of a cut down Dualseat "wave" foam cushion.
Quite narrow when viewed this direction, I found it quite uncomfortable for my skinny butt.

I believe the posted six photo of Lightnings and Grey Flash all have the exact same Feridax seat.

Baltusnik's Lightning 96 004.jpg

Last edited: