Last ride for the season?

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I`ll try to find out. But don`t hold your breath, Jeff now lives in the hot south of the US.
Reply I received from Jeff.

`The snowmobile was sold to an Englishman, a VOC member, who moved to
Toronto, Ontario. I don't know what became of the snowmobile after that.
It was very exciting to drive and I can still remember the crackle of its
exhaust at 10 degrees below zero F. At speed, it would produce a rooster
tail of snow for about 25'.`

Jorgen Rutegard

VOC Member
another last ride..

Well, Sunday afternoon Nov 1st, I was out again on the Prince. Very cold indeed, but a good ride.
Now It is parked in the garage. I will take out the battery, change oil and filter, check valves, grind the petrol taps and do some other small jobs, and then wait for April next year...

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I thought that last sunday was the last ride of the year +4Celsius....but now there is a warm front coming in ...and +9 on saturday...so another "last ride of the year"...Imagine - +9 on November 7th in Winnipeg, Manitoba...ok, so maybe global warming is true..

John Cone

VOC Member
Having had my Prince off the road for the last 12yrs. I have had to make up for it, since putting the bike on the road on !st April,"no snyde comments please" I have used it everyday part from 3days to go to work & back a 25 mile round trip without any real problems. I think i will wait for the first gritters to appear before submitting to the weather.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I thought that last sunday was the last ride of the year +4Celsius....but now there is a warm front coming in ...and +9 on saturday...so another "last ride of the year"...Imagine - +9 on November 7th in Winnipeg, Manitoba...ok, so maybe global warming is true..

I see 11 deg C is forecast for you. Imagine that!:cool::cool:

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
fabulous day...lots of motorcycles on the road, did an oil change to 30 weight beforehand, and gave the beast a bit of a wash beforehand..Its going to be nice again tomorrow, so another ride is in the offing..

nobby

VOC Member
last ride?

Although it has rained a lot the last two days (and nights), now the weather looks very promising in Holland. Temperature is 6 to 8 degrees Celcius. And there is a nice sun...
So if I succeed in clearing out all the camping and camper stuff from this season which is blocking the entrance of the garage, I will have my last ride on the 600 this afternoon. Solo this time, no sidecar and no passenger.

nobby

VOC Member
what a year

I did have my last ride for the season.
It was dry, sunny and not too cold.
The 600 was loud and willing.
This year is a very remarkable Vincent year for me. It is the first year since I ride a Vincent (1990) that I came home every ride with a running engine and not a thing to work on... I am used to come home in vans, on trailers, or with a Vincent in big lumps in the back of the car.
This year I did a complete rebuild on the 500 myself, and I bought this powerfull 600 from aussie Alex Corner. I did not spare the 600, especially not during the Scottish rally. For the first time the only person working on my Vin was myself. Better for the Vincent, better for me, and much better for my bank account. Especially the 600, combined with a Conway clutch, was every time a privilege to ride.
Enclosed a picture of the 600 just before its wintersleep...
Let's see what 2010 will bring!

Attachments

• last vin ride.jpg
    last vin ride.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 56

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
A forecast of +11 here for tomorrow Nov.11th...so the plan looks like - spend the morning observing the sacrifices of the past..and the afternoon flogging the beast..Meet at my place if you want to join me!