• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

E: Engine Larger Petrol Tank

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
It's an after market 5 gallon tank. You can't see it to well but it looks the same as this one

IMG_3598.JPG

Robert Watson

VOC Member
No --- you're right. It looks like he may have um -- relocated -- the front mounts and possibly blocked up the rear. That may have something to do with that semi factory D upper frame he has used.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's Standard fittings, It's only a mock up, I used rubber cotton reels at the rear, When it was made for my Twin.
But I have made F106 taller for this 500, To get the "D" spring unit to sit better, So now I have to use a standard rear rubber, Because I could not get the tank in !!,
Brother Ron Cut a standard tank in half, and made it 2" Taller, And made an oil tank to go in the right hand side, But Being bigger, I have the same ish amount of Petrol.
I have got the trail set at 5", With the forks hanging down, After many !, Changes of the new Lower Frame tube I have made.
It's coming on well, I love the look of it, I like my Bikes to look different, Even if I never ride it, I love to look at it
as art !.
The frame was off my Special Twin, The seat was off my L/ning rep', The Engine I bought off a Late Friend,
The Tank Ron made 44 years ago, The rear Chrome Stand was off my 1970 Blue Twin, Lots of good times for me to think about. Cheers Bill.

Attachments

nkt267

VOC Member
It's Standard fittings, It's only a mock up, I used rubber cotton reels at the rear, When it was made for my Twin.
But I have made F106 taller for this 500, To get the "D" spring unit to sit better, So now I have to use a standard rear rubber, Because I could not get the tank in !!,
Brother Ron Cut a standard tank in half, and made it 2" Taller, And made an oil tank to go in the right hand side, But Being bigger, I have the same ish amount of Petrol.
I have got the trail set at 5", With the forks hanging down, After many !, Changes of the new Lower Frame tube I have made.
It's coming on well, I love the look of it, I like my Bikes to look different, Even if I never ride it, I love to look at it
as art !.
The frame was off my Special Twin, The seat was off my L/ning rep', The Engine I bought off a Late Friend,
The Tank Ron made 44 years ago, The rear Chrome Stand was off my 1970 Blue Twin, Lots of good times for me to think about. Cheers Bill.
It'll look great when your on it Bill..John

Dave61

VOC Member
as art !.
Brilliant Bill, looks really good, I'd happily let you build me a special.
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am thinking of calling it a, " Feking Vincent ", The stainless Guards and stainless front stay, from a Commando, It fits under the Guard, Much better I think, + Prop stand are from Feked.com.
The Chain guard and prop are away to Paint !, OK, It's me with a Rattle Can !.
Hope I can stay keen. Cheers Bill.

Attachments

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I am Stuffed !, She knows too much, She caught me in the garage the other day, I didn't know She could count up to 4 !!. The Bike is now looking even better since that photo, But I dare not put any more photos on here,
I will be Banned !.
I was looking at it this morning, And thinking this must be worth a few bob, Even without a Flywheel assy !!,
Don't know how I kept my mouth shut, She was in the garage again !.
Found out the other day, This "D" frame is a late ish one, Never bothered about numbers before.
I was going to build an Egli type of thing, In the 70 's, But didn't like the 2 rear shocks and the fact that it would need different wheels and stuff, So I saw an advert for a "D" frame for £7, And thought that is the way to go.
I have really enjoyed the last few days in the Garage.
I have been worried for a few years now , On how it would look, Back in the 80 s, I had trouble with the "D" Twin Special, So slipped my Comet Lump in it for a few weeks, With a wire rear wheel, And it looked Rubbish,
Really bad, Don't know why, But am very happy with this now.
Cheers Bill.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Well if I haven’t been banned for the Honda brakes and Ducati/Yamaha/BMW rear suspension on the Mongrel, you’re probably safe for now. Actually being banned would force us to spend more time in the garage.