E: Engine Larger Petrol Tank

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It's an after market 5 gallon tank. You can't see it to well but it looks the same as this one

IMG_3598.JPG

Robert Watson

VOC Member
No --- you're right. It looks like he may have um -- relocated -- the front mounts and possibly blocked up the rear. That may have something to do with that semi factory D upper frame he has used.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
It's Standard fittings, It's only a mock up, I used rubber cotton reels at the rear, When it was made for my Twin.
But I have made F106 taller for this 500, To get the "D" spring unit to sit better, So now I have to use a standard rear rubber, Because I could not get the tank in !!,
Brother Ron Cut a standard tank in half, and made it 2" Taller, And made an oil tank to go in the right hand side, But Being bigger, I have the same ish amount of Petrol.
I have got the trail set at 5", With the forks hanging down, After many !, Changes of the new Lower Frame tube I have made.
It's coming on well, I love the look of it, I like my Bikes to look different, Even if I never ride it, I love to look at it
as art !.
The frame was off my Special Twin, The seat was off my L/ning rep', The Engine I bought off a Late Friend,
The Tank Ron made 44 years ago, The rear Chrome Stand was off my 1970 Blue Twin, Lots of good times for me to think about. Cheers Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_125714 (2).jpg
    IMG_20190608_125714 (2).jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 83

nkt267

VOC Member
It's Standard fittings, It's only a mock up, I used rubber cotton reels at the rear, When it was made for my Twin.
But I have made F106 taller for this 500, To get the "D" spring unit to sit better, So now I have to use a standard rear rubber, Because I could not get the tank in !!,
Brother Ron Cut a standard tank in half, and made it 2" Taller, And made an oil tank to go in the right hand side, But Being bigger, I have the same ish amount of Petrol.
I have got the trail set at 5", With the forks hanging down, After many !, Changes of the new Lower Frame tube I have made.
It's coming on well, I love the look of it, I like my Bikes to look different, Even if I never ride it, I love to look at it
as art !.
The frame was off my Special Twin, The seat was off my L/ning rep', The Engine I bought off a Late Friend,
The Tank Ron made 44 years ago, The rear Chrome Stand was off my 1970 Blue Twin, Lots of good times for me to think about. Cheers Bill.
It'll look great when your on it Bill..John

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
as art !.

Brilliant Bill, looks really good, I'd happily let you build me a special.
Cheers
Dave