• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Larger Inlet Carb Studs

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Presently busy with the rebuild of a Norvin engine with two front heads and polished and
widened inlet ports, I would like to know, if there are fitting carb studs around for 35mm
dia (acc. 1 3/8in). Any recommendations out there? :confused:

ET43

My 636cc engine has a 36mm carb fitted on a head with standard stud spacings. I went to an exhaust pipe manufacturer and got him to bend up some 38mm x 1mm wall tube to my desired bend. The tube was then partially slit from the head end, welded up to match the ported head ( 34mm ) dressed up clean and then had a flange made from sheet steel which after welding was linished flat. My particluar application has a shrunk on alloy tube machined to take the rubber adapter hose of the carb, the alloy tube being tapered to blend it all in. I used this system on the Red twin outfit for 23 years with no problem. Good Luck, ET43

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
post reward

Phil, if you can make it to the Dutch coming week end, I might let you have some of these
good, dark, tasty belgian beers!
Mike:)

ET43

Hi Mike,
Sadly, the rate that this blooming trike is sucking up money means that I am unable to travel very far these days, but thanks for the offer. I remember getting sqiffey on that stuff at the Dutch leg of the International in the late eighties. Happy Days. ET43

Warning! This thread is more than 12yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.