Larger Inlet Carb Studs

Little Honda

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Presently busy with the rebuild of a Norvin engine with two front heads and polished and
widened inlet ports, I would like to know, if there are fitting carb studs around for 35mm
dia (acc. 1 3/8in). Any recommendations out there? :confused:

ET43

Non-VOC Member
My 636cc engine has a 36mm carb fitted on a head with standard stud spacings. I went to an exhaust pipe manufacturer and got him to bend up some 38mm x 1mm wall tube to my desired bend. The tube was then partially slit from the head end, welded up to match the ported head ( 34mm ) dressed up clean and then had a flange made from sheet steel which after welding was linished flat. My particluar application has a shrunk on alloy tube machined to take the rubber adapter hose of the carb, the alloy tube being tapered to blend it all in. I used this system on the Red twin outfit for 23 years with no problem. Good Luck, ET43

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
post reward

Phil, if you can make it to the Dutch coming week end, I might let you have some of these
good, dark, tasty belgian beers!
Mike:)

ET43

Non-VOC Member
Hi Mike,
Sadly, the rate that this blooming trike is sucking up money means that I am unable to travel very far these days, but thanks for the offer. I remember getting sqiffey on that stuff at the Dutch leg of the International in the late eighties. Happy Days. ET43