• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Where Are You Now? KXH 965

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
I was at the Classic Motorcycle Festival at Pukekohe in New Zealand over the weekend. I met a lovely old fellow who lived in England and owned this Vincent. He was wondering if the bike is still around in the UK.

image1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I live in Hertfordshire and I have just purchased KXH965. The previous owners believes that the bike has some racing history but unfortunately he has information to back this up. Any information he has about the bikes history would be great to know.

Paul English

View attachment 40595
Paul, I will send you a private message.

Simon Dinsdale

timetraveller

VOC Member
Not all fibreglass tanks Martyn. If one uses the correct resin and heat treats it then it is completely stable. I did several test samples, about an inch wide, nine inches long and between one and two mm thick. I hung them in a jerry can of ethanol based fuel and after a month, and then another month, there was no detectable deterioration. The tank in the photograph looks like an aluminium tank. I have one on one my bikes and Paul Adams had these made several years ago.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
I live in Hertfordshire and I have just purchased KXH965. The previous owners believes that the bike has some racing history but unfortunately he has information to back this up. Any information he has about the bikes history would be great to know.

Paul English

View attachment 40595
I was told by the old gentleman that it was a very fast machine. He suggested that he had the bike over 120mph. But who knows. I unfortunately have missed placed his number and I am trying to track him down through an Italian motorcycle club here.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
The "D" 1955 ish did away with the rear stand and used the centre stand,
But the rear one is handy in the workshop !,
This looks like a Dave Hills stand ?.
Like the Tank, I think the Vincent looks better with a Big tank.
Cheers Bill.

Latest Forum Threads

List of Forum Categories

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?