Where Are You Now? KXH 965

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was at the Classic Motorcycle Festival at Pukekohe in New Zealand over the weekend. I met a lovely old fellow who lived in England and owned this Vincent. He was wondering if the bike is still around in the UK.

image1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernard English

New Forum User
VOC Member
I live in Hertfordshire and I have just purchased KXH965. The previous owners believes that the bike has some racing history but unfortunately he has information to back this up. Any information he has about the bikes history would be great to know.

Paul English

16137479716874605039271214707290.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I live in Hertfordshire and I have just purchased KXH965. The previous owners believes that the bike has some racing history but unfortunately he has information to back this up. Any information he has about the bikes history would be great to know.

Paul English

View attachment 40595
Paul, I will send you a private message.

Simon Dinsdale

timetraveller

VOC Member
Not all fibreglass tanks Martyn. If one uses the correct resin and heat treats it then it is completely stable. I did several test samples, about an inch wide, nine inches long and between one and two mm thick. I hung them in a jerry can of ethanol based fuel and after a month, and then another month, there was no detectable deterioration. The tank in the photograph looks like an aluminium tank. I have one on one my bikes and Paul Adams had these made several years ago.

Gene Nehring

VOC Member

Paul English

View attachment 40595
I was told by the old gentleman that it was a very fast machine. He suggested that he had the bike over 120mph. But who knows. I unfortunately have missed placed his number and I am trying to track him down through an Italian motorcycle club here.