JUST BOUGHT A RAPIDE AT 76 NEED HELP

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
He needs to say he bought it for her ! But of course he will take extra good care of it ;)
Oddly enough my lovely bride is almost enthusiastic about my motorcycle purchases. I went to the dealership a few weeks ago to pick up a new one ( it’s sort of a motorcycle, but not really) … anyway I forgot my wallet. She cheerfully pulled out her credit card to pay the balance. I‘m always suspicious that there’s going to be another shoe dropping somewhere. Probably on a tropical beach.

vibrac

VOC Member
Nothing odd about it my wife reads the VMCC mag and suggested we do the Dorset Dakar on our 58 Trials outfit. No idea where she gets her ideas from

Chris Launders

VOC Member
Been to see the bike, nice B Rapide, two front heads with Mk2s, electric start, BTH mag, Shadow clock and drums, supposedly a Maughan built engine, started first kick for me and after a few seconds would tick over nicely (wish I could say the same about mine), quiet mechanically.

He was slightly concerned as if you whack the throttle open you get a bit of black smoke, which I would expect, however rolling it on steady none at all, seems a very nice bike to me.

Chris Launders

VOC Member
I found these pictures of the bike when it was for sale.

vincent-hrd-rapide-1946-1949.jpg

vincent-hrd-rapide-1946-1949.jpg