JUST BOUGHT A RAPIDE AT 76 NEED HELP

fogrider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Malc, take up Chris's offer, top guy, has the knowledge and the skills.

Should see you at the Bawtry meet, if not sooner.

Regards , Terry, East Yorks.

Colin

VOC Member
Well done Malc.
Great to see the younger generation joining up! I,m only 86 ( so far)
One tip from the older generation IIf it ain't got one GET AN ELECTRIC STARTER FITTED

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Hmmm, I have kick started my Rapide since having bilateral knee replacement surgery, but I did find it quite a nerve racking experience, I kick stated my Comet about 4 months after surgery and it kicked back on me, no actual damage done, since then I have kickstarted the Comet many times, but I definitely prefer the red button on the Rapide. My surgeon did advise against running, especially on pavement and tarmac, I forgot to ask him about starting 1000cc motorcycles!

Colin

VOC Member
Peter.
Don't even consider asking your surgeon about starting old 1000 cc motorbikes. He will not answer but simply "Section " you

"Starting 1000 cc motorbikes, you silly old fool" One of my surgeons comments a few years back, but at least it was said with a friendly smile!!

Cyborg

VOC Member
I'll give you a call tomorrow, I'm in Rotherham, I had a Rapide at 20 as well, but I'm only 70.
Chris, make sure you wear your athletic support (or whatever they are called over there). The way I read his post, I’m not sure he wants help with the bike. I’m assuming he wants help dealing with his wife, who is probably slightly perturbed about spending the retirement funds on a %#$=&@ motorcycle.

Alyson

VOC Member
He needs to say he bought it for her ! But of course he will take extra good care of it ;)