Where Are You Now? Is This Very Different Vincent Still Around?

Paul Coene

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Similar fairing:

Ax-Les-Thermes 432 NR.jpg

timetraveller

VOC Member
Has anyone produced the path that a front wheel travels with Bramptons? My understandng is that there is less travel and a restorative force as the spring is captive at both ends and so can pull as well as push. As for Mike T's experience with Marcus' bike, I had the same behaviour on my first bike when I was 16. The bike was an ex-WD 350 side valve Royal Enfield and with a hundred weight bag of cement on the rear carrier it did just the same, Not enough weight on the front end. Marcus is obviously used to it. Mike T wasn't.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I think that is a DMD fairing. They look really good. When they first came out I helped a friend fit one to a Vin. On a dry day with a wet road it sucked up water from the road and within a few miles I was wet through. It needed to have some sort of protection around the forks to prevent water being sucked up and thrown back. In addtion Pete Gerrish managed to get one into a wind tunnel. It turns out that the front of the fairing blows air outwards so that it misses the two air scoops on the sides. They need to be larger or further forwards. You look to be a happy man on a very nice looking bike. Have you found any of the above problems?

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Norman, in case you meant me with "you look to be a happy man" it isn't me but a member of the French VOC ( but I don't know his name). I apologize if my assumption is wrong.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Hi Paul, that was my assumption but that is not important. Perhaps Georges, or someone familiar with the bike can tell us whether he has done something to overcome the problems I mentioned. For example the side air scoops are larger than I remember from 50 to 60 years ago. Perhaps they have improved the air flow over the engine. He still looks like a happy rider.

b'knighted

VOC Member
The lower border around the screen doesn’t look like the original DMD. Phil Primmer made my DMD into a plug and reversed the scoops. He had a name for the inward scoop which was based on an aeronautical design. He fitted the finished fairing on his outfit but it subsequently overheated. The fairing was passed on too Roger Clark who used temperature gauges with their sensors in spark plug washers.