Where Are You Now? Is This Very Different Vincent Still Around?

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is this very different Vincent still around ?

Seems to have had a good deal of work and thought put into it , and no need for the steering damper !

K
P1050171.JPG

timetraveller

VOC Member
I would not be too sure about the 'no need for a steering damper'. There was no change to the fork geometry, just a change of wheel size. I have just sold two JE units to a member who for the first time in his life got into a tank slapper. He hit some rough road surface and quicker than he had time to react the bike had got into a tank slapper and thrown him down the road. He was grateful that his wife was not on the back, that the damage to the bike is slight and his injuries are such that he will make a full recovery. He bought one kit for his Comet and another for his twin.

kerry

VOC Member
Thanks Simon, glad it is still about. And hopefully it now has a steering damper again, I had my first slapper in September after riding for 60 years, it started at 90 and was still slapping at 25 mph, I then limped home at 25 MPH as I was scared to go any faster, fortunately I kept on the bike, I think it was caused by a combination of the wrong things, bumpy road, oil on the damper bits, not tightened properly, old tyres and bad luck perhaps.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
OK, Take the wheel and mudguard off and drill 2 holes,
Does not have to be spot on, Not a big job,
Most are drilled I think ?.
Trust me, It's well worth it, Wish someone had told me !.

I had to road test a Twin for someone , Without an Hydraulic one,
I was not happy !,
All I could think about is this could cost me £30,000, Plus PAIN , If I was Lucky !,
So worried, I forgot to do up my helmet strap !, Never done that before.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-19 050052 (2).png
    Screenshot 2022-06-19 050052 (2).png
    449 KB · Views: 30

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I had one of your old Bikes ,
And your old Car,
How come I didn't get your old House :) , I wish !.

Much FUN in Devon.

Attachments

• Off and Away !. (2).jpg
    Off and Away !. (2).jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: