Ianweld

Chris Launders

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ian The norton clutch i am using is the pre-59 one,this has friction plates with tabs on the outside allowing the use of solid friction plates or bonded plates as required.Make sure it is not the really early type with internally threaded spring posts as these do not allow any spring adjustment although they can be changed.The clutch i picked has the back of a vincent drum
brazed into the remains of a norton drum(basically just the bit from the bottom of the teeth to just inside the drum walls).
The inner part consists of most of a C3 with the norton back plate welded round it then the norton clutch centre welded to
this. Hope this may be of some use,if you can get an old/damaged C3 youshould do it for next to nothing.

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Ian, I agree with timetraveller, I have done the same as he, When you get stuck in traffic it will drive you mad !! You will be adjusting it till the cows come home!. Have a word with Clev Trev, I think he used to do something with Jap' stuff, I think thinner plates are the way to go, Good Luck Bill.