• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

herring bone oil pipe

macvette

Well Known and Active Website User
Non-VOC Member
I'm about to start re assembling my bike but I can't find any of the above. It's an open series D. Any suggestions for suitable substitutions and where to get them.

Mac

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
At the risk of being pedantic , the correct term for this hose is braid impressed. This is due to the manufacturing process in which a steel braided sheath is pulled down on the outside during vulcanisation then removed leaving it's impression on the hose cover.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
To the best of my knowledge , and I did spend 10 years in the industrial hose industry , there is only one manufacturer of braid impressed hose in the world and they are in the UK. As far as I know it was never catalogued as it was an OEM product for the automotive industry. The reason I searched it out years ago was because Triumph (Meriden) used it on 50's & 60's machines and I was restoring a Bonny at the time.

Last edited:

alscomet

VOC Member
Chevron Pattern Pipe

At the York Autojumble 1st Saturday of the month and at Newark autojumble
a stallholder has the said pipe in various sizes what the quality is I do not know .If I go on the 1st I will get his card and some prices.

tonythecat

Non-VOC Member
The guy who sells the hose at York (actually Rufforth) and Newark, is Steve from Autohose. I don't think he has a web site but his phones are :

01782 542486

Mobile 07931 728956

Address:
AUTOHOSE, 9,Bagnall Road, Milton, Stoke -on Trent, Staffs, ST2 7AY

He is a great guy and will usually send you the goods with an invoice and you pay him on receipt.

Tony

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
Braid impressed aka Herringbone hose

Tnecniv Edipar is quite correct that there seems to be only one manufacturer of this hose, I visited their factory yesterday to collect some of the hose we need for our Vins.
I have no doubt the machines there have been making the hose forever; they look like they should be in Beamish or Iron Bridge museums!!
The process is very laborious and this has been the problem with getting deliveries.
I hope now we have started getting supplies we will continue to receive them.
Ian S

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?