herring bone oil pipe

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm about to start re assembling my bike but I can't find any of the above. It's an open series D. Any suggestions for suitable substitutions and where to get them.

Mac

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
I looked for some last summer..apparently there is none available - if you find some please let me know..I need 5 or 6 feet
Bob Collings

G

Graham Smith

I'm led to believe The VOC Spares Company Limited has started to receive a limited supply.

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
At the risk of being pedantic , the correct term for this hose is braid impressed. This is due to the manufacturing process in which a steel braided sheath is pulled down on the outside during vulcanisation then removed leaving it's impression on the hose cover.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
At the risk of being pedantic , the correct term for this hose is braid impressed. This is due to the manufacturing process in which a steel braided sheath is pulled down on the outside during vulcanisation then removed leaving it's impression on the hose cover.

Thanks very helpful:rolleyes:

Tnecniv Edipar

Non-VOC Member
To the best of my knowledge , and I did spend 10 years in the industrial hose industry , there is only one manufacturer of braid impressed hose in the world and they are in the UK. As far as I know it was never catalogued as it was an OEM product for the automotive industry. The reason I searched it out years ago was because Triumph (Meriden) used it on 50's & 60's machines and I was restoring a Bonny at the time.

Last edited:

alscomet

VOC Member
Chevron Pattern Pipe

At the York Autojumble 1st Saturday of the month and at Newark autojumble
a stallholder has the said pipe in various sizes what the quality is I do not know .If I go on the 1st I will get his card and some prices.

tonythecat

Non-VOC Member
The guy who sells the hose at York (actually Rufforth) and Newark, is Steve from Autohose. I don't think he has a web site but his phones are :

01782 542486

Mobile 07931 728956

Address:
AUTOHOSE, 9,Bagnall Road, Milton, Stoke -on Trent, Staffs, ST2 7AY

He is a great guy and will usually send you the goods with an invoice and you pay him on receipt.

Tony