• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Hans "Johnny" Edwards 1950 Photo

greg brillus

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Love the possition of the Horn.......Was it there to warn spectators or to ward off wandering wildlife..........:)

davidd

VOC Member
Love the possition of the Horn.......Was it there to warn spectators or to ward off wandering wildlife..........:)
Greg,

I thought the same. But, it occurred to me that he may have done away with the footrest plate where the horn would have mounted. I am not sure why, but it looks like a rectangular tube in its place.

David

david bowen

VOC Member
This must before he set sail for the UK, I think you will find when Johnny came to the UK one of the Vincent guy now deceased John Finnemore said we can not call you Hans here in the Uk from now on you are Johnny

Robert Watson

VOC Member
The bike he is on was either /312 or /314 , I never remember which one. Originally sold here in Vancouver, and I think bought used by Hans. He decided he wanted to go to the UK and work at Vincents, so packed the bike of a freighter and booked passage on the same ship. Apparently had it in the ships san where he did quite a bit of work on it on the way over, and arrived at Vincents and asked for a job. he ended up in the draughting office.

The bike has not been heard of since he sold it. the other one is here in BC, and is currently in the Dreamcycle museum near Sorrento BC

http://www.dreamcycle.ca/

Unfortunately only bikes for sale pictures, not much else on the website.

Gingergeezer

New Website User
Non-VOC Member
This must before he set sail for the UK, I think you will find when Johnny came to the UK one of the Vincent guy now deceased John Finnemore said we can not call you Hans here in the Uk from now on you are Johnny
He was called John in Canada and it made sense to keep it that way when he got to the UK after the factory had offered him a job. He reverted back to Hans post Vincent days.
Cheers
Ferdinand Edwards (eldest son)