Godet milage question

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A us gallon is 6 uk pints. A gb gallon is 8 pints. Add and subtract according. For a bike of this performance it sounds like about right to me.

panintercorp

Forum User
VOC Member
I seem to remember we discussed the Egli before you ordered the bike you have recently taken delivery of, and a very nice bike it is too, but I guess there is a price to pay for the additional 330cc and the large carburettors etc. As the title of the recent film suggests "Speed is Expensive"
What kind of mileage do you get on your twin Peter?

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What kind of mileage do you get on your twin Peter?
Not wanting to appear unhelpful, but I really don't have a clue, it is so dependant on how and where I am riding, I would guess that if I am riding sensibly (two up), on flatfish terrain with minimal traffic, I would expect to get at least 50mpg, but that can be reduced quite easily. At the slightest inkling that I am low on fuel, and without an indication that a filling station is within reach, I cut the speed right back to 30mph max, and just get the engine ticking over in the highest gear possible, oh yes, and I keep my fingers well and truly crossed, I am under the threat of death should I ever have to resort to pushing it to the nearest filling station again, last time I did this was on the hottest day of the year! I forgot to say, in economy mode I recon 70mpg is possible, but that is only a guess, and very boring!

Last edited:

panintercorp

Forum User
VOC Member
Drinking again... always thirsty

Attachments

• 20230918_112705.jpg
    20230918_112705.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 18