Godet milage question

panintercorp

Forum User
VOC Member
I recently took delivery of a Godet 1330 GT and was wondering what kind of mileage others were getting on this model.
Average riding yields about 32 miles per US gallon.
Vigorous riding gives 28 miles per US gallon.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Seems quite thirsty.

The machine came with 36mm Mikuni ZM carburetors.
20230916_101952~2.jpg

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Mikuni can be quite tolerant of settings off pilot so start changing jets and slides or find out what they are now and ask a professional company for help & advice or get it on a rolling road there is no substitute for a lamba sensor

oexing

VOC Member
No - plugs indicate the way the bike is operated. Pottering around at 30 mph all day - or Indianapolis at all-out power - biiig difference in plug reading. So depending on operation you choose your plugs - after you got carburation right !!

Vic

Speedtwin

VOC Member
Find some nice hills and ride the beans right out of it.
I check plugs after around 100 miles of good hard riding and carberate accordingly.
My mpg changes every trip dependent on how I ride and the roads I am riding.

panintercorp

Forum User
VOC Member
Find some nice hills and ride the beans right out of it.
I check plugs after around 100 miles of good hard riding and carberate accordingly.
My mpg changes every trip dependent on how I ride and the roads I am riding.
Exactly! My rides average 50 to 120 miles. Most of the riding is right around 70mph. Obviously the twisties are at a lower speed, but the riding ins much more aggressive in and our of the turns, resulting in higher fuel consumption.
At 60 to 80mph I am getting 32 miles per US gallon.
In the twisties I am getting 28 miles per gallon.
Is this in line with what you are getting?

vibrac

VOC Member
The days of reading plugs I think is over plugs are not what they were and petrol certainly isin't. An hour on a dyno and its all sorted

oexing

VOC Member
You don´t get lead deposits anymore, yes, well you do with avgas, but you can have black or white plugs still. A dyno will help for getting carburation right in short time if you don´t want to put a lambda sensor in the ex pipes for road tests. Still even then you´d have to pick your grade of plugs to suit your style of riding on back roads. An unsuitable grade will get you black plugs when they cannot heat up to burn off deposits even with perfect carburation.

Vic

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Exactly! My rides average 50 to 120 miles. Most of the riding is right around 70mph. Obviously the twisties are at a lower speed, but the riding ins much more aggressive in and our of the turns, resulting in higher fuel consumption.
At 60 to 80mph I am getting 32 miles per US gallon.
In the twisties I am getting 28 miles per gallon.
Is this in line with what you are getting?
I seem to remember we discussed the Egli before you ordered the bike you have recently taken delivery of, and a very nice bike it is too, but I guess there is a price to pay for the additional 330cc and the large carburettors etc. As the title of the recent film suggests "Speed is Expensive"